Sign in to follow this  
Agent_Johnson

I Really Need Some Help Here! Desperate!

Till you figure out the video issue, you should keep all settings to stock to eliminate any possibilities. Could be more than 1 issue creating this.

I do understand what your saying but I noticed this from the very first power up, because I'd never seen it before. Infact, I took it back down to stock yesterday to make sure and it still did it. I'm surprised no one has experienced this before. Just my good luck I suppose.

Have you tried a differant monitor yet? If you computer is gernerating atifacts at stock it would be wise to look at the 2 things that deal with generating your image, the vidoe card which after 2 RMA's shouldnt be the problem, and your monitor.

May try bumping the PCI-E frequency up a couple and changing payload size. Most likely it won't do any good. If you can eliminate the CPU, memory, and vid card as the problem then there isn't much left but the board.

I would try a different monitor and/or monitor cable. Just bring it over to a friend's house and give it a shot. If all else fails (which is sounds like it has short of checking monitor) I would toss it on over Angry_games way. Make sure you talk with him first though.

Move the card to the bottom slot. Don't worry about changing the jumpers yet. Just want to see of the artifacting follows the card to the slot.

Also, way back in post #6 I recommended that you try a new DVI cable, VGA cable (if your monitor and v/c support VGA) and a different monitor. Re-reading this thread I've yet to see that you have eliminated either a faulty cable or a monitor problem from the equation. I'm doubting it is your monitor since the monitor you have is a nice one, but when trouble shooting a problem, you can't overlook one single detail.

Please update us.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Turns out my problem was page tearing. The lcd simply couldn't keep up with the fps my system was producing in games like CS:S. Refresh of 60herts and averaging 160fps in CS:S, sometimes over 200fps. Lesson learned. I turned on vertical sync and problem went away in games. I do still get the strange flicker during boot and when the screen changes quickly but has no other affect on anything I do.