ultra d with exploding mosfet?

just thought i'd run it by you guys but my friend was running his x2 at 2700 (9x300) at 1.55v x 104% and it was unstable so we tried to go into the bios to bump it down a bit to try and get it satble when all of a sudden the mosfet on the lower right corner of the cpu mosfets emmited a flash and the comp shut down but the psu was still on

upon further investigation it was determined that the hs was hot enough for the proc to have been around 90-100c at the time of shut down and the only way i see that happening is if the mobo had turned off the fan

i realy dont see 1.612 frying the proc or 100c doing it ither cause ive seen my own x2 processor at 95c with 1.65v (pelt failure) and it wasnt even unstable

btw my friends processor was stable enough to boot to the welcome screen on those settings and suposidly without the fan on

after the incident was over we tested the fan and fan connector on the mobo they both worked

so other than the realy hot hs and the exploding mosfet i havent the slightest clue what happened

btw we tested the psu afterwards to check that and it was fine we did so with a psu tester for load and a volt meter

Was he by chance using the 4V jumper for high Vdimm?
he was using that mod on that jumper where you move that one so the bios thinks its set to 4v (there is a thread in the modifacatins section i think) well anyways his ram voltage was set to like 2.7v i believe dont remember for shure though it could have been 2.8 maby

just a faulty chipset?

Not so much mod gone bad or faulty PSU or any number of things. Just a fan out will usualy result in a shutdown before ny problems. Need all the info here or it is all just speculation PSU sig etc.

Not so much mod gone bad or faulty PSU or any number of things. Just a fan out will usualy result in a shutdown before ny problems. Need all the info here or it is all just speculation PSU sig etc.
yeah thats all i know dudes