Sign in to follow this  
phelan1777

Should I move up to an EXPERT Board?

Alright, well let me rephrase my question............other then additional SATA connections, and RAID support/SLi, should I move up to a SLI-DR/Expert?

I was comparing the boards on NEWEGG, probably not the best place, but its the only place I know where I can compare and contrast on the same page.

So from the DFI Experts (no Pun intended) which would be the wiser of choice, in your infinite DFI wisdom?

Is there any particular reason your current board doesn't satisfy you? Or do you just have the urge to change parts? :cool:

Guest Ryn

Well if you're going SLI then the Expert has a nice advantage since it is easier to enable SLI. You just have to configure it on the BIOS unlike the previous gen NF4 where you have to move jumpers to enable SLI. Another advantage is that it has a wider gap on the video cards to enable proper cooling when you're running SLI.

I think its just the urge for better parts, would anyone say there is a difference in over clocking with the Ultra, and the Expert?

Thouhg I may get the new Ultra, if there is a n improvement in making over clocking easier, or more stable.

Hello,

I work at PCClub in Murray, Utah and I own an SLI-DR myself. I had VERY little problems with these, and sold probably a few hundred in my time.

As for the Experts....

about 2 out of 3 I get are DOA. I've used multiple PSUs to test this, multiple ram types etc and we've just had VERY bad luck (obviously so has newegg comparing their sli-dr reviews to the expert reviews). obviously im not testing wrong either if 1/3 works!

and since the venus is built off of the expert design, i think i would say no. (though i REALLY would like to get one that works; looks THE best of em all).

spend less and save yourself the headache imo. Mod your Ultra board if you can to SLI. Older ones could, newer ones cannot. this is just my opinion. take it with a grain of salt!

Sign in to follow this