Sign in to follow this  
lacisnot

2.6ghz with 560mhz ram or 2.7ghz with 491mhz ram?

Which configuration should i do?

wchih willbe more benefical and why?

thanks

Just run benches with both setups to see what works better for you. If you're a gamer (and with a 7800GT I assume you are), see what gives better 3dmark scores. Also try seeing what yields better superpi times (the best thing to do is run 3 1M tests and average them for each different config). Run basically anything you can think of and just see what's faster.

Also, is the 491mhz ram on the same latency as the 560 or is it tighter? IMO 2700cpu and 491ram w/ tight timings will outperform 2600cpu and 560 ram w/ loose timings.

Also keep in mind the voltage requirements for reaching 2700mhz. If the two yield similar results but the 2700/491 needs much more voltage and produces more heat, definetely go with the 2600/560.

I agree. CPU speed is king. I Now have an FX-60, on water running 200X15 with pdp 2-3-2-5 and its better than mushkin 3-4-3-8(ddr500) 250X12. I even had my 4200+ @ 3010,ram @ ddr 500(166 divider). My FX broke all my current #dMark records. And see the 4200 is higher clock, so memory bandwith isnt everthing. The 4200 was on Vapo.

True, cpu MHz is king but there are other factors involved.

For example, my 170 will run [email protected] but it gets hot and limits my memory choices to tccd at 300MHz(1Gb)/270MHz(2Gb) or winbond at 245MHz (5:[email protected] with lax MAL/RP).

Since I find anything over 2.4GHz "fast" I'm currently priming with [email protected] with 2Gb of BH/VX mix @ 1:1 (lets me run tight MAL/RP).

There's more than enough speed for me and temps are 10deg C lower than before.

I dunno, maybe I'm growing old..

hey..whoops i ment 520 not 560 in the title lol

quick aquamakr 3 test:

2.7ghz with 491mhz - 11200

2.6 with 520mghz - 19000

but i tihnk i have to have the same volts for both any 2.6 and 2.7ghz (1.55)