Sign in to follow this  
3am

Weird colored DFI logo on boot up?

I have been using my DFI for a while now and its a great board.

I just have went through some major upgrades. From FX-53 to 4800+, X850XT to 1900XTX, Audigy2 to Xfi sound card.

I have heard about problems with the nForce chipsets and the early Xfi soundcards so not sure if it is that or something to do with the change to dual. System has been reformatted and changed to Windows XP x64 after the install or everything.

This problem occured right after I updated the BIOS and reloads will not fix it. I had a problem loading the BIOS but I dont really think it was that big of a deal keyboard wouldnt work when I need to reset with F1 had to just use the reset button on the Desktop.

Anyway when I boot up I get a inverted colored logo when it shows up. Now all the bios seem fine from what I can tell. Is there any reason I should worry about this or is this just a DFI color logo change it looks really odd.

If you need the see the screen shot I can probably find a place to upload it here in a few but its nothing other than the color of it looks like somebody inverted.

Its the only thing I see wrong and like I said should I worry about this?

Did you clear the CMOS after flashing the bios. If not clear the CMOS for 5 minutes then boot up and load optimised defaults, save and exit.

I had removed the battery, reset(by removing battery and board jumpers tried both), and reloaded the Bios yesterday to see if I could fix it went back and tried it again after your suggestion but still nothing. Thanks for the help either way.

Any other ideas?

If I cannot get it fixed think I should worry too much about it?

Gonna try and OC the card and CPU at a little later date reason I was asking.

This happens with most if not all x1800 and x1900 series cards, possibly the other new ones as well from Ati. Only thing you can do to avoid it is shut off the boot logo. Nothing wrong with your board or anything, no worries. :)

i have read somewere about this and they said its not a big problem. a driver update should fix that.

A driver for what ?? the boot logo is loaded before any driver is loaded, maybe a bios update will fix it, or the bios of the video card...

i have an x1600 Pro and have this problem too, currently disabled the boot logo...

I had that same problem when I was setting up my rig. I reseated the video card and removed and reinserted the cable to my monitor...no issues afterward.

I hope your issue is as easily solved! :D

This happens with most if not all x1800 and x1900 series cards, possibly the other new ones as well from Ati. Only thing you can do to avoid it is shut off the boot logo. Nothing wrong with your board or anything, no worries. :)

Yea that is the reason I said it didnt seem like too much of a problem just a weird glitch for the most part.

I started OCing the new CPU a little and no problems at all but good to know where it is coming form.

Thanks for the info.

I had that same problem when I was setting up my rig. I reseated the video card and removed and reinserted the cable to my monitor...no issues afterward.

I hope your issue is as easily solved! :D

Thanks for the tip I might try that out.

Hey guys, I've been working on a review of the X1900 and am seeing the exact same problems...weird colors on the Logo scree....strange boot issues....its the X1900!!!! i've tried to reproduce the issue with X50s and 7800 GTs....but the only card that creates any kind of problem is the X1900. I turned the card over to a friend, and he saw the exact same issue.....I wish I had an answer for this, but ATI still hasn't gotten back to me.