Which DFI SLI mobo should I get?

rHino70

I tried the search feature, but was unable to find where anyone talked about what the differences are between the DFI SLI mobo's.

I am interested in getting the SLI Infinty version, but I am not 100% sold. Only because of my ignorance of DFI mobo's. I know they are very good though.

I don't want to buy something that I will regret buying. I'm basically going to keep the most of hardware that I have in my sig. The only real upgrade I think I am going to make over the next year will be to get a X2 CPU.

I really do not over clock alot, not like most of you do here anyway. And I don't need a ton of SATA ports, or even top of the line onboard sound chip. I basically use stereo sound and headphones while I play CS:S and DOD:S.

I'm basically looking to use my TWO vcards in SLI, I want a nFORCE4 chipset, 4 mem DIMM slots and future upgrade to X2 or possibly FX CPU.

Oh and one thing that crossed my mind. I have a Arctic cooler Freezer 64 ProCPU blower, are there any issues with this blower fitting in any of the DFI mobo's?

Thx in advance.

if you want ANY dfi NF4 motherboard, you will need to get rid of that Ultra-X power supply before you even think about ordering a motherboard

you can ignore my dire warning on this, but I'm afraid that you, like 98% of others before you that tried to use an Ultra-X psu with these NF4 DFI motherboards, will find out the hard way that we don't issue this warning just to make you do the pee-pee dance and buy more stuff

read the psu link in my sig

pick a good one

I personally recommend the OCZ Powerstream 520w SLI version as it is the possibly the best psu for our boards

you can check here too:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7952

If you don't plan on overclocking, get teh Infinity SLI if you plan on SLI

if you plan on even a little overclocking (and once you start, you won't really be able to stop), then just get the original Lanparty NF4 SLI-D or SLI-DR (not the Expert)

personally I would just get the SLI-D or SLI-DR at the beginning (assuming you have heeded my dire warning about Ultra-X's crappy psu's) and be done with it...you won't be disappointed (and you do have DFI-STreet, the best and largest, most comprehensive DFI support site on the planet to turn to if you need help or want to learn all about your board)

edit: ps I lived at Lee Rd & I-4 (and Maitland) for about 12 years before moving back to Idaho...not that it will make a difference in you listening to my advice...but I always like seeing people from places I used to live!