Quantum computer works best switched off

ReelFiles

I could use it to verify that my DeLorean's Mr. Fusion Home Energy Converter's Flux Capacitor is running at it's speciefied 1.21 gigawatts. :cool:

Just realized this is my 69th post, I know it's a bit immature, but i had to chuckle, since I just finished watching my 204 episode collection of Beavis and Butt-Head.

yeeehaaaw :tooth:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be quite confusing for those living in the binary world....because quantum computing is literally a trinary system with three states: on , off , and the superposition state in which a system is both on and off. It is very hard to describe, because we have very few real world examples of quantum mechanics in everyday use. When I describe it to people, i use the example of a selective power switch. You plug in a lamp, and the lamp does not light up, but current still flows through the switch. You plug a TV into another plug in the switch and you have the olympics (sorry...but that is what is on my tube right now). To make it even more applicable to this story, this power switch can have the ability to tell the TV that a lamp was plugged into the switch. Things get really weird in quantum theory, because there is also the capability with high probability to have the lamp turn on! (eigenstate of position applied to electrons as free particles and relational quantum mechanics theory of non-absolute states).

To sum it up....quantum theory is wierd :P

i plug in a computer and it is neither on nor off, but it catches fire from my death-stare

so I must have quantum mechanics vision...

WHOA!! AG is SUPERMAN!!!

Wait... Was it your death stare that caught it on fire or was it calulating the probability that it would catch on fire and forgot that it didn't really want to be on fire in this particular parallel universe? I suppose either way it was on fire in SOME parallel universe, so it really WAS your death stare that made it catch fire!! That is SO cool!! :nod: :shake: :nod:

it would forsee the virus a decade in advance, or if it did catch it it would probably wipe out all of the internet within a split second.

Or it would just be smart enough to use linux in the first place because it knows the probablility of getting a virus is 0... LOL!