Ram Issues

Hi, 2 stupid questions :nod: :

1) I am wondering if I can rise my memory voltage to 2.8V? I am asking this because as you can see my RAM is a piece of crap and I'm afraid that by rising to 2.8V i can damage it.

2) In the "Memory Support List" of Samuel I read that the 512mb Kingmax memory with this signature (KDL388P4KA-50) is supported, I have this memory but with this signature (KDL388P4LA-50) and I'm having a lot of problems in dual channel :mad: . So, is there any difference between the 2 memory? Is my memory supported?

Thanx

2.8V should be safe for all memory modules, so try it, and if there are some benefits, keep it that way, otherwise use default voltage.

If you have problems in dual channel, try testing each memory stick on its own. GoldMem seems like a good memory diagnostic tool. Try relaxing some memory parameters if one of them start throwing errors.

If none of the modules proves faulty, then try some other modules anyway or try your CPU somewhere else - with A64 CPUs, memory controller is integrated in the CPU itself.

I tried testing memory one by one, there was no error nor in memtest neither in Rightmark memory test, but when I put the 2 sticks togheter in dual channel, in memtest after 20min. (mainly in test 8) appear too much errors. With rightmark instead when I start the quick test it fail after few sec. (during the write test) making the windows reboot!!

Yippee!! I just rised up the Vdimm to 2.8V and turned the CPC to 2T, now I can proudly say that my rig is perfectly stable! Holy A64 OVERCLOCKING GUIDE!!!!!! The memory passed 6h of memtest, and the rightmark quick test without any error. I sincerely begin to love this board, it's a BOMB :nod: ! After the nearly exams I'll spend some time for salutary OC'ing! So, I proclaim the case SOLVED :D !

Yippee!! I just rised up the Vdimm to 2.8V and turned the CPC to 2T, now I can proudly say that my rig is perfectly stable! Holy A64 OVERCLOCKING GUIDE!!!!!! The memory passed 6h of memtest, and the rightmark quick test without any error. I sincerely begin to love this board, it's a BOMB :nod: ! After the nearly exams I'll spend some time for salutary OC'ing! So, I proclaim the case SOLVED :D !

You might want to investigate a more current BIOS like the 7/04 BT series over in the BIOS Factory forum.

You might want to investigate a more current BIOS like the 7/04 BT series over in the BIOS Factory forum.

Yeah, it's a good idea, but I'm frightened that the flashing could go bad :( , as I see many people have sc%$#$d up their BIOS. Maybe one day...