What is the best RAM you would reccomend for gaming and OCing?

vertigofm

I want 2X 1 gig sticks, so far I've been directed towards:

OCZ Gold PC 4000

G.Skill PC4000 HZ

and the OCZ Platinum 4000

I am gonna be using a Opt 170 and a DFI Ultra-D

I really don't know which one of these is best or if there is a better one to go with for OCing and gaming!

I would really appreciate any help you experts have to offer!

Thank you so much

Frank

I want 2X 1 gig sticks, so far I've been directed towards:

OCZ Gold PC 4000

G.Skill PC4000 HZ

and the OCZ Platinum 4000

I am gonna be using a Opt 170 and a DFI Ultra-D

I really don't know which one of these is best or if there is a better one to go with for OCing and gaming!

I would really appreciate any help you experts have to offer!

Thank you so much

Frank

if you want to stay away from custom cooling the ram then don't get the vx sticks they require high volts 3.3 range and generate alot of heat. go with some tccd sticks like ocz.

Another vote for Mushkin here as well, this kit would is one of the best on the market at the moment

Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Redline Extreme Performance Dual Channel Kit

hmm seems like that is the best? good for OCing and gaming? good with DFI ultra D's?

hmm seems like that is the best? good for OCing and gaming? good with DFI ultra D's?

Yes this ram is for oc and for games and for everything else that you want to do on your system.

The best thing is read the reviews online google is your friend. :rolleyes:

Guest shaolin95

I love my BH5 much more than I did the TCCD Patriot XBL that I had before but the voltage requierement is something to consider.

OCZ PC4000 EL Gold (Samsung UCCC...same stuff as the Gskill and Mushkin, will do 250 @ 3-4-8-4 and many will do 260+)

OCZ PC4000 EB Platinum 3-3-7-2 (might be labeled 3-3-8-2 but will do 3-3-7-2 @ 250 for sure for me and many others, and most will go 265+ @ 3-3-8-2, 2.6v)

OCZ PC4000 GXC (basically the 4000EL with Samsung UCCC but timings are 3-4-7-4 or 3-4-7-3 and will easily do 250-270 @ 3-4-8-4)

we have a couple of OCZ reps in this forum and no Gskill nor Mushkin reps so thats why I always recommend OCZ ;)