3D Marks!

leighrogers

Hey folks

Just finished finalising my system new rig - just converted from ASUS to DFI!

Gotta say, DFI's doin me proud so far!

Im getting

Im getting 7094pts on 3dMark06

what do you think? is this a reasonable score for my spec below?

Any suggestions or ideas to tweak it further.

I havn't started oc'ing much yet - just what i can get at stock. That begins when i get it running optimum... :-)

Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas. :D

Ok, im up to 11320 points in 05.

And about 7300points in 06.

In 05 it looks great but in 06 i am noticing slight white flashes on the firefly test and the snow storm test. When i say flashes, i mean like a few leaves or a small section of tree trunk turn bright white for a split second.

05 is perfect though!

Suggestions?

Rig as sig: cpu @ 2800, GTs @ 450/1100; '06 score 7301; '05 score 12997.

You sure you got SLi running properly, leighrogers? Enable "show gpu load balancing" in the driver; start 3DMark06; if you get a variable green bar on the left you're ok, if you get a horizontal green line across the screen, you're not. Update to 81.98 drivers and try again if so.

Ok, im up to 11320 points in 05.

And about 7300points in 06.

In 05 it looks great but in 06 i am noticing slight white flashes on the firefly test and the snow storm test. When i say flashes, i mean like a few leaves or a small section of tree trunk turn bright white for a split second.

05 is perfect though!

Suggestions?

I think you might have a heat problem check your temps after the 3dmark test and make sure that there is enough air passing through your case especially with having two 7800GTX in a small case.

my temps are v.low considering. my cpu runs at 28d tops at the moment, chipset gets to about 38 and pwm hits 36tops.

sli is definately enabled as i get the balancing bar.

Weird. I'm sure that you should exceed my scores by a handsome margin with GTXes; two GTs are better than one GTX 512, just.

Keep going - I've maxed-out my rig at 12,327 in '05 and 5,973 in '06. I am 2.8 ghz stable on an Opty 146 and factory OC on the vid cards.

Have you tried changing your video settings from "quality" to "high performance" and using the appropriate profile in Forceware?