Sign in to follow this  
hokie2x

Temps too Low

vrodforums by "

So your telling me that my fluke 87, my fluke 23 and my digital laser that all agree on the same temp are all incorrect and that my motherboard that cost less than any of the three of them is correct"

do you mean an infrared laser thermometer? if you do those are not accurate aganist metal or shiny surfaces.........i know because i own 2 of these, if you read it should say so in the manual......which would explain the discrepancy

while they aren't perfect, the temp sensors should be ok unless you really f'ed up your mobo.....i can't imagne a 54 degree difference........i honestly doubt that as accurate at all.....

vrodforums by "

So your telling me that my fluke 87, my fluke 23 and my digital laser that all agree on the same temp are all incorrect and that my motherboard that cost less than any of the three of them is correct"

do you mean an infrared laser thermometer? if you do those are not accurate aganist metal or shiny surfaces.........i know because i own 2 of these, if you read it should say so in the manual......which would explain the discrepancy

while they aren't perfect, the temp sensors should be ok unless you really f'ed up your mobo.....i can't imagne a 54 degree difference........i honestly doubt that as accurate at all.....

Not sure which model you have but mine is made just for metal and is dead on when double checked with a hard probe. While I agree that they are not off by 54 degrees they are off by as much as 15c (or atleast two of the boards I have are)and that is a big difference when your talking about stability of a cpu. I just read all these reports of idle temps being almost room temperature and I hate to break the news to people that a cpu on air cooling simply won't run at room temperature. So if your seeing 50C and you don't know how accurate your board really reads then you might just be hitting 65c or higher. Some report they hit a wall and won't go higher even with more volts but it may be they are hitting the thermal limits of the chip and not even know it.

I currently have 4 different brands of 939 motherboards and the DFI boards read as much as 15c less than any of the other boards. If you want the best board for temp sensors I have one A8N32 that is dead on all the time when compared to a real measurement. I just can't believe that people think these chips heat up and cool down that quick to put any faith at all in these readings.