Sign in to follow this  
Kaedan94

Hi, new to the forum and to DFI mobos

Yo

I'm new to DFI mobos in general and was just checking out the forum. I just finished buying the components for my new computer and used this forum to look for suggestions on parts. I've built 4 systems in the past, all with ASUS or ABIT mobos and thought I might give DFI a whirl this time through. I guess as a first time post I'd just like to see what you guys think about my build. I think everything is pretty good, though I'm a bit concerned about the graphics card. It's part number N516 and eVGA has N518 up on the site. Just wondering what this might mean performance-wise as I couldn't find much info. Anyway, thanks for the responses in advance and glad to be here!

Welcome to the crowd!

Looks like a nice setup. The only thing that will drag the performance down is the single 1G stick of RAM. You won't be running dual channel, but I suppose you already know that. ;)

Cool, thanks for the replies. Yeah, I wish I could have afforded the extra stick of ram, but I was already over my limit by $145 as it was. I'll just pick it up in a few weeks when I have some extra money again. As far as the vid card, after comparing it I can see what you mean. Alas, budget has held me back some. Thanks for the input, can't wait to put her together.

Oh and one other thing, I noticed you had an artic cooling sys for your vid card lowsidr, would you suggest getting one right away or can I hold off till my money supply recovers a bit?