Sign in to follow this  
walste

Can the most FX60 hit 3GHz

I know you don't want an answer with "save the money and get a 165", so if for some reason you really want a FX-60 that does 3ghz on air instead a 165/170 and a Vapochill that makes 3.2-3.3ghz, then I have nothing to say but yes, I don't think you have many problems getting it to 3ghz with the proper PSU and board.

As always with OC nothing is assured. But you'll get more chances of getting 3.1ghz with 170+vapo than 3 with fx-60 and air.

i have now ordered a opty 175 and i nice H2o system to put in my new stacker chassi.

it all cost the same as if a have gone with the FX60.

i put everything together yesterday, but the waterpump was broken in delivery, so i´m waiting for a new one before i can boot up my new system.

i´m realy glad i didn´t go with the FX60, i got so meny other stuff for the sam money.

What if he purchased a 170 with a cold bug? I'm sorry I don't see vapo as being a 24/7 dependable unit for any period of time still, just too many things to factor into a unit like that.
Well I'm not too much into Vapochills anyway, so change vapo with water :D I read the ones in XS cold bug at -58c (from s73ph3n and Pedro Rocha). Is a vapochill capable of so low temps? I thought you need cascade to get so low.

i´m realy glad i didn´t go with the FX60, i got so meny other stuff for the sam money.
That's the idea. You don't really have to spend 1000$ in a chip to get a 3ghz dual core. What else do you plan to buy? Maybe a X1900XTX? :D

Well I'm not too much into Vapochills anyway, so change vapo with water :D I read the ones in XS cold bug at -58c (from s73ph3n and Pedro Rocha). Is a vapochill capable of so low temps? I thought you need cascade to get so low.

I wasn't aware that cold bug had a defined temperature but I personally know people that have problems getting opterons to post with vapo chill. As far as water cooling goes I was making my own water blocks on a taig end mill in my garage a couple of years before I even heard of danger den and using everything from condensers to you name it for transfer and cooling. Until you start cooling the water down below ambient temp your overclock is going to be very limited.

Cool, i just noticed that the FX60 owners have different mulitpliers. That would be a good reason to get one considering dual core opties have them locked. Thus less problems with memory.

Cool, i just noticed that the FX60 owners have different mulitpliers. That would be a good reason to get one considering dual core opties have them locked. Thus less problems with memory.
all FXs has the multiplier unlocked, you can set it to what you want. That's the only reason to get an FX :D

I have my FX-60 at 3107 (239*13)1/01 on 1.5 Vcore Dual Prime stable. I think it will do better on the Geil Ultra-X.

What's the stepping and code your cpu?

Thanks

Mine runs 3 gigs on H20.... had it to almost 3.2 but it's not very stable

using Mushkin redline 4000

I run it at 2.8g ,DDR 2-2-2-5 (1/1) 3.2volts 3.5 when Im cranking it

Power supply... a good steady one is best 600w noisetaker enermax works great

This CPU is an A--kicker, one of the previous poster mentioned that the difference between a 4800+ and an FX60 was minimal.... but the FX somehow can do more for everyday use.... encoding, rendering are much better...

Raptor can I can ur CPU/MEM bios settings? You can see whe are very close in terms of hardware.

I'm all done at 2951...227X13..cannot do 228..one core fails. I just lowered the voltage on the cpu a click and it still is going well...dropped temp a degree. Will try Prime overnight to make sure. With e VID control my CPU voltage hits 1.52..now it's 1.50. As I write this CPU temp is 31. Under extreme load it hits 51-52. 40's under heavy gaming. I can't get it any cooler with air, so this is it. Not bad though for my first OC experience. Once my life settles down I'll get an Opteron and really play!!!

I can't get 3dmark06 to run without locking up. 2.8 ghZ worked fine. Hmmm.

alxfirstoc1sq.th.jpg

Once I get a stable and decent CPU OC it is on to the ram.

Note the CPU info does not show because I am using bios 11/2 which does not support the FX 60. I will probably update it to 12/5 to see what impact it has.

I'm no expert, but lower the OC on the Vid card. MIne can't get near that without artifacts...I'm running at 528-1.36. I can go higher but not much, especially for minmal gain. My Memory is 7-6 divider I believe at 268.3. CPUZ mem page is 268-CPU/11-3-3-2-8-10-64. I am absolutely rock solid at my present settings. Just lowered the CPU volts the other day. May lower it another click today to see how low I can get it without negative affects. Only problem with the FSB divider so low is getting the momory up to speed. But I'd rather have the cpu at 2950 with mem where it is than 2860 and faster memory.

Doc