On the prowl for cooler nVidia Chipset solution for Ultra-D

Title says it all.

The silver hot noisy buzz saw that comes on the Ultra-D is well... just that.

Due to the GPU covering it, is there any alternative solutions out there? Has anyone gotten a "close to home" alternative and modded it to fit with a big GPU in the way? Like a passive heat sink, and bending some of the fingers out of the way for the card to slide in?

I'm just curious. I would like to replace this wee thing on my board with something better.

This has been discussed in the forum like....12312536134r523432 times.

Yeah well... I wanted to be sure the mod was for THIS BOARD, not DFI in general, as some boards have a better placement of the chip not wanked by a GPU card.

Plus, I don't know what it is, but whenever I put words in the search box, it returns about 10 pages of threads, and when I go into them, nothing is relevent. So basically, I am starting to give up on searches, and if I don't see it on page 1&2 of a forum it should be in, nor a sticky, then I go ahead and ask.

PS: I tend to ignore posts that are eons old too. I like UP TO DATE information... not some bloit about something last year.

PPS: Evercool VGA cooler, on a chipset. Huh... well... yeah, that kind of makes sense really! LOL.

PPS: Evercool VGA cooler, on a chipset. Huh... well... yeah, that kind of makes sense really! LOL

I have the Evercool VC-RE on my chipset....so yes it does make sense....

2 threads....less than a month old.

18th

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43553

8th

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41677

To solve the issue of your gpu covering your NB, move your GPU to the other PCIe slot. I did and my NB temps instantly dropped.

Plus, I don't know what it is, but whenever I put words in the search box, it returns about 10 pages of threads, and when I go into them, nothing is relevent. So basically, I am starting to give up on searches, and if I don't see it on page 1&2 of a forum it should be in, nor a sticky, then I go ahead and ask.
That's why they designed a nifty little feature where you can show posts rather than just threads that contain your search data. :D
Are both slots in the Ultra-D 16x?
16x physical length? Yes. 16x bandwidth? No. Moving the SLI jumpers to SLI Mode on the Ultra-D will give you 8x bandwidth for both slots.