Sign in to follow this  
Spdrmn

2GB ocz pc4000 Eb kit or a 1gb pc4800PE EE?

2 gigs is better for most things...ie. games, photoshop, video encoding...

1 gig better for oc'ing and benching....

imho

Which is better? 2GB ocz pc4000 Eb kit or a 1gb pc4800PE EE?

It depends on what you want to do but I would go with the 2GB Plat EB PC4000 especially if you play games. Between the OCZ Plat EB PC4000 and the Mushkin Redline, your not going to find a faster 2GB kit anywhere.

IMO 2GB with tight timings @ DDR500 > 1GB DDR600 with loose timing any way you cut it.

ok, well i have the option of both. Money isn't a factor in this decesion. Will overall performance be better or worse, when con sidering the reduce bus speed thus reduced cpu speed?

ok, well i have the option of both. Money isn't a factor in this decesion. Will overall performance be better or worse, when con sidering the reduce bus speed thus reduced cpu speed?

Benchmark results posted by AG show that either DDR400 with Very Tight Timings or DDR600 with Very Loose Timings makes little difference in performance. It is all about the CPU Mhz.

The 2GB is your best choice for reasons stated in previous replies.

Which is better? 2GB ocz pc4000 Eb kit or a 1gb pc4800PE EE?

It looks like you could be asking 2x1gig or 1gig faster ram. I think dual channel memmory will perform better always. Running 2 sticks is tougher to set up but worth the probs.

well both of them would be dual channel, one is 2*512 high speed memory(300mhz) while the other is 2*1024 medium speed (250mhz)

Do you have to run t2 with 4 dimms occupied?

2t is the general rule but i've seen posts saying they run 1t. I'm happy with ram that does 250 because I hit a wall at 2.7gig speed. My cpu won't go higher without major cooling. With my 11 multi 244x11 is about max ( stable------). 260x10 = minus performance for me. Tight timeings make a difference when speed is limited.

You can put your ram on a divider and overclock your CPU until it screams and begs for mercy withouth DDR600. There is no performance loss when running memory on a divider on the s939 platform.

The only area where 1Gig DDR600 will be better than 2Gig DDR400 is when you run memory benchmarks. But I think that is not what you plan to do all the time :nod:

2Gig DDR500 will be better in any other situation, be it work in windows or gaming.