Sign in to follow this  
AP0ll0UK

Which G.Skill?

Have seen a lot of mixed things re the 180 pps seem 2 either love it or hate it. It doesn't seem 2 have agood reputation for being cool.

I've had this for coming up a year & had no problems very cool & roomy. (AND CHEAP :) :shake: )

Centurian 530 - Poor Man's Stacker

do you ever go to any of the Multiplay I series lan parties?
What humping my PC around - With my back :rolleyes: :nod: - No :)

Both the CM Centurion and the Stacker look like great cases. The Centurion looks like a much better design than the one I have but it lacks the additional room I'm after. I was planning on having five caddys and then a bay for the DVD burner, then maybe some spare for a set of fan controllers and maybe and lcd with some temp readouts and stuff for a bit of blingage :D

Dunno, will have to think things through and decide if I really need all that as the Centurion is at a very good price :)

The CM Stacker are great especially the new 1, Coolermaster Stacker 830 Silver Trim with Black Mesh w/o PSU Super-Hi End is 2 die 4 but £173.84 :) :shake:

Depends what water cooling your going 4 i was thinking of maybe something like

Swiftech H2O Apex Ultra Full CPU WaterCooling Kit as a water virgin . The radiator mount outside the case there's only the pump to mount in the case (should go on base) leaving the small resevoir 2 fit (drive bay) & tubing to route. the centurian i think will take this i think.

Give us a shout if u want any help using the spreadsheet. Will see how my ocing goes (might b my memory now :) )

I didn't have any problems getting my G.Skills to run at 250 right off the bat. Researched several timing options found here at the Street and elsewhere, then after hours of playing finally settled in on my current timings and BIOS settings. They can be found in the Socket939 OCDB as well as the thread devoted to the G.Skill HZ and other UCCC based memory. There is absolutely no reason the HZ's won't run at 250 unless your timings, voltage or something else is boogered up.

Only problem is that I'd prefer them to run higher than 250, my current PC4800 LA's are certified up to 300mhz and are currently at 280. Once I get a watercooled system and get a bit more out of my cpu I'd rather not have the ram on a divider.

My HZ's ran up to 270-272 stable at relaxed timings but couldn't get them to 275 for anything. So I settled in at 260X11, 1:1 which has my Sandie running @ 2.860 and my memory running at 520. Benches at my current settings are excellent.

My HZ's ran up to 270-272 stable at relaxed timings but couldn't get them to 275 for anything. So I settled in at 260X11, 1:1 which has my Sandie running @ 2.860 and my memory running at 520. Benches at my current settings are excellent.

1T OR 2T ??

Sign in to follow this