Fix my stuttering please

I just got through reading through all four pages, twice, just to make sure I understood what the real issue is and what has / hasn't been tried. Here are the questions I pose:

- How did your verify that your raptor was OK? Through Western Digital's drive diagnostic program or something else?

- What does the hard drive do when the computer is sitting idle? Is there any activity at all?

- Have you swapped SATA cables?

- Have you disconnected your Seagate Barracuda IDE drive during gaming and testing?

- Have you tried using just one Ballistix module in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board?

As I stated in my PM, it is best to keep from overclocking until this problem is corrected.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit of advice, I almost didn't bother posting due to your attitude. You may want to be a bit nicer when you are begging for help.

Have you done a search of the forums here (on stuttering)?

I know there are plenty of threads on the subject, I've participated in many of them. Likely your solution is already posted in one of them.

Try this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...36&postcount=29

Also, give us a full dump of all of your BIOS settings like below. These are not my settings and are not necessarily recommended. Just use it as a template and edit to match your own current data.

try this :)

I just got through reading through all four pages, twice, just to make sure I understood what the real issue is and what has / hasn't been tried. Here are the questions I pose:

- How did your verify that your raptor was OK? Through Western Digital's drive diagnostic program or something else?

- What does the hard drive do when the computer is sitting idle? Is there any activity at all?

- Have you swapped SATA cables?

- Have you disconnected your Seagate Barracuda IDE drive during gaming and testing?

- Have you tried using just one Ballistix module in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board?

As I stated in my PM, it is best to keep from overclocking until this problem is corrected.

-Only tested through speedfan but im currently on the seagate ide drive

so thats both drives been used as primary at some point, i even did a test

with seagate tools for the seagate that showed ok.

-Actually yes sometimes for no reason at all the raptor will kick into load mode

as if its being accessed but checking this there is no spyware , no virus's , no

trojans and no services running at the time this will last for 5mins and stop

for many hrs then do it again.

-yes swapped sata and ide cables :(

-Yep i tested both ways without raptor and without ide drive swapping the os

around to make sure it wasnt a hd problem

-The ballistix wont boot with one single in an orange slot but will boot dual

yet it gets to the irq listing and just reboots right after that if im running the fsb

1mhz over default, but it will give me a bsod at some point irq not less than equal. The stuttering has been ongoing for 6months or less... I am using the ballistix

in the yellow slots now but hasnt fixed the stuttering,frame skpping.

-Considering i bought the new cpu it was running at default for a week it wasnt

even overclocked the cpu before this the san diego single core, was tested underclocked... and overclocked

try this :)

Tried that as i just ignored him because he was flat out wrong on my attitude

it was just i tried everything people mentioned but it turned into oh its because

you dont have enough ram or people just generally didnt read all of the threads

and info posted. :rolleyes:. Im always polite to people who respect me and want

to help me out just look at FM forums. Sometimes sarcasm or stupidty has pushed me over the edge though, because the amount of money ive spent and hearing the same thing over and over when it was already done drove me crazy. Oh and yes did that what he said and im not doing that again

-Only tested through speedfan but im currently on the seagate ide drive

so thats both drives been used as primary at some point, i even did a test

with seagate tools for the seagate that showed ok.

I would highly recommend testing the Raptor using Western Digital's drive diagnostics. Many of the other-than-manufacturer's testing utilites (except spinrite) fail to detect soft sector and interface errors.

I'm not saying the Raptor is the cause of your troubles, but, it should be general practice to test the drive with the manufacturer's software in order to lay credence to statements that have been made saying the drive is OK. ;)

-Actually yes sometimes for no reason at all the raptor will kick into load mode as if its being accessed but checking this there is no spyware , no virus's , no trojans and no services running at the time this will last for 5mins and stop for many hrs then do it again.

Everytime I have seen this type of activitiy, it has meant 2 possible issues:

- Signal crosstalk on the PCI bus, or

- Hard drive interface issues, either with the chipset or with the drive itself.

Does the same happen with the IDE drive?

Does the same happen with the IDE drive?

Ill give the raptor test utils a go if you could provide a link id be greatful ;)

Hard to tell if it happens with the IDE drive its damn silent, i will say this though

messing with the ram timings i havent heard the raptor much today hmmm