Sign in to follow this  
NeilSouth

Fix my stuttering please

my x1800 produced horrible stuttering with 5.13 in some games and was practically unplayable with 6.1 but then i found out 6.1 dint support it. have you got 6.2?

I tried 6.1 and 6.2 no change fsb was tested at 230 - 280 makes no difference

You said you reformatted, but did you check for this issue immediatly after the reformat, with only the base minimum drivers, etc installed, or did you load everyting and then try it?

I keep a pristine copy of XP SP2 on an old 32 gig drive for just this reason. If I have a strange issue, I disconnect my main HDD and plug in this old one and see if I can dup it. That way I can experiment/isolate on a clean install without totally hosing my main drive over and over.

Steve

Did it as soon after i had the graphics drivers installed no change i even had

the soundcard out at one point with no sound still no change... changed the hard drive cables ports , tested on sata different sata ports no change..

Look here see how many pages :(

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showfl...b=5&o=0&fpart=1

then the answer is - somethings broke!

You got it :nod:

But what thats what i cant figure out and considering i am now OUT of money

i cant just buy something else to test it out , if its something i knew what

was causing it i'd RMA it

Did it as soon after i had the graphics drivers installed no change i even had

the soundcard out at one point with no sound still no change... changed the hard drive cables ports , tested on sata different sata ports no change..

Look here see how many pages :(

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showfl...b=5&o=0&fpart=1

Hate to say it but it might be time to start swappping hw out. See if you can get someone to let you borrow a video card and a stick or two of ram. Looks like you have pretty much covered the software/settings angle on this already.

could be a hard drive issue? if the stuttering is leaving your hard drive light flashing then maybe its struggling to read/write properly. have you tried benching/testing it/etc.

Read through some of your posts, but couldn't see anything: Have you tried any other memory than those Ballistix?

Nope im trying to get hold of some from my mum's system which is corsair

but getting over there well its abit far

Is that mouse of yours a USB one? Try with a PS/2 mouse, and even better disable USB in BIOS. (I have a prejudice against USB since old Celeron days.. well.. hmm :))

Latest its the newest revision motherboard it came with it :angel:
So does that make it version 623-3 or something else? :)

Did you memtest the sticks recently, or was it a while ago? I'd definately be trying them again, and seeing if anything comes up. If your sticks are dying, you might have hosed your OS too - so that could be causing some additional problems...