Sign in to follow this  
walste

4800+ disipionted=(

I picked up a used FX-60 on ebay for just about the cost of a 4800+, I wanted to run 2.8 on a dual core the same as I did with my 146, my 148 and my fx-57 but so far my luck with dual cores had not been as good. I went through three 175's that two peaked around 2.5 and one was terrible and peaked on default voltage at 2.3. Unlike many people the peak to me is 1.4 volts on the cpu, I will not run one higher than that for 24-7 use. I did water cooling and pelters years ago and refuse to put up with that mess for a couple of 100mhz now. The point is the FX-60 that I got will run 2.85 on default voltage, sure it will run 3150 with some boost and will prime at 3.0 with 1.5 volts but I refuse to run one that way so I stick with 2.85 and am very happy with the performance of this chip. I know there are several people out there that get opterons that run that fast however after three failed attempts to reach that speed it was in the end cheaper to just buy the chip I wanted to run at the speed I wanted.

Yes i know u guys are right about this, i was expecting to much of this cpu.

Thats only becous i put my opty 146 directly from the box up to 3GHz only using 1,5v.

I will keep this new 4800+ no mather what, i can´t aford a new cpu for along time now.

And as u say, 2800MHz is not bad on air.

Now for you too save up for that watercooling :)

At any rate, 2.8 is a very nice overclock, as I have seen many many on air cant even get past [email protected]

FX60 costs 1160 euros in france, which I guess is like $1300.

Other cpus are cheaper though; my 3200 Venice cost 145 euros, 3700 SD costs 215 euros, opty 165 costs 380 euros, opty 170 costs 475 euros.

Guest Qarl

I'm trying to get my 4400+ to run stable at 2.7GHz. I'm running it that way right now (10 x 270MHz) but it fails Prime after a few minutes. :( Currently the voltage on the CPU is 2.62V. Do you think I should try higher?

I'm trying to get my 4400+ to run stable at 2.7GHz. I'm running it that way right now (10 x 270MHz) but it fails Prime after a few minutes. :( Currently the voltage on the CPU is 2.62V. Do you think I should try higher?

What is Your HTT multipler set to?

If Your HTT is above 1000 MHz 4*270 try lower it to 3*270.

And as said it must be Your VDimm that is 2.62V or CPU 1.62V

Depending on Your temps You can offcourse try higher VCore, but the risk that your CPU burn increases with voltages. I personally wouldn't go higher than 1,65 V if my cooling could keep up with it.

Some say that it's easier to get high MHz with a multipler at 11x

Do You have Your memory on divider? if not try that