So are LDT and Chipset voltage factors or not?

Hmm, well it looks like the new limit for my Opty is 11x260(2860). 2915 and OCCT would error out in like 30 seconds. I ended up lowering the chipset voltage back to 1.5 because 1.7 wasn't needed to remain stable. So raising LDT to 1.5 seems to have been the key in my case. Currently 1 hour into prime, hopefully it'll hold out for 8 hours. After that I'll probably give the 10x multi a run and see if that helps my oc.

I guess I should have elaborated further:

Does anyone know first hand, or have any info supporting one side of the argument or the other? I am aware of the fact that increased voltages typically raise temps.

every overclock I have ever used with 2x512MB required NO increase in either LDT nor chipset voltages

I have absolutely zero need to up either of these for 2x1024MB overclocks either even though in some of my OCDB entries i have upped them by .1v each (more or less a "monkey-see/monkey-do" sort of thing, but I have never NEEDED to do such a thing)

Ahh, tnx Angry

That explains why it wouldn't help my oc raising those. Pro'lly not as much of a factor as some posts suggest, at least not for me.

A freq of 10x290MHz. with 1,4V+110% seems to top my cpu, no matter if I raise V_ldt to 1,5V or V_chipset to 1.72V even tried V_core up to 1.65V but it won't reach 3GHz. (yes I did drop the divider & ldt_multi, to take those out of the equation)

To get there I guess takes better cooling or ihs-removal... well 2900MHz on relativly 'silent' air cooling is not that bad either I guess.

I'm not quite ready yet to settle for that, still hope to break wall with perhaps some mal/rp tweak I've missed before, but seeing other results it could well be I've maxed it already.

Perhaps it only helps if you are overclocking the LDT-bus, in my case it's well below 1000MHz so that's why I think it did not help me, but if you are at for example 1100MHz LDT it could help steady things out.... just guessing... maybe I dropped LDT multi too soon :P

To the above poster:

LDT is the internal bus between the cpu and the memcontroller, possibly with also the southbridge and other devices connected to it, as I understand it. so the voltage is applied to part of the cpu and perhaps board.