Sign in to follow this  
red930

[RESOLVED] Bad RAM and Video Card - Boot Problems

Ok, so I went through each component, piece by piece. Guess what I found...a completely stable computer with one of the DIMMs removed. I switch them, same ol' problems. I loosened the timings like crazy (2.5-3-3-7 @DDR400) and it still didn't like it. After a nice 2 minute conversation with Patriot tech support, we determine RMA is my best option. I just got a bad stick...problem solved :D

This is the first time I've had problems with Patriot memory. I've got a 2x512 2-2-2-5 kit in my laptop that runs greeaat, and we used the same 2x1Gig kit for my girlfriend's computer (SLI-D, runs great). Oh well, lifetime warrantees are good.

Thanks for the help,

Nate

The new DIMMs they sent me work great. Upon checking my system with a friends 7800GT, I found out that my system is stable (dual prime 24hours +). Runs great. So after talking to eVGA support, and having them tell me that it could never possibly be the graphics card, I ask about a RMA. They say sure. New graphics card comes. Hmm... 24 hours prime stable. It's been running for about a week straight, so far.

It was the graphics card...

Can an admin change the title to one with 'solved' in it? Thanks

The new DIMMs they sent me work great. Upon checking my system with a friends 7800GT, I found out that my system is stable (dual prime 24hours +). Runs great. So after talking to eVGA support, and having them tell me that it could never possibly be the graphics card, I ask about a RMA. They say sure. New graphics card comes. Hmm... 24 hours prime stable. It's been running for about a week straight, so far.

It was the graphics card...

Can an admin change the title to one with 'solved' in it? Thanks

which evga card did you have problems with? if it was the 7900 series card

and you was getting artifacts/blinkin screen/bsod/wtfz0r my game crashed type of problems..

then my fix was to raise the pci-e frequency to 220mhz

hope this helps.. i'm gonna post this tip on the evga forums since alooott of people are having this problem

and even evga has been motifying their cards with more voltage regulators etc.. but it's basically raising your pci-e frequency a bit and bang!!! 3dmark02,03,05,06 pass with flying colors..

I had a problem with a kind of hard to find 6800GT (one with 512MB). The eVGA support forum never really helped. A simple RMA took care of my random computer shutdowns. During that "what's not working properly..." portion of my computer build, I found 1 bad DIMM, and upgraded to a DFI motherboard (inside of a Thermaltake Armor case)

eVGA Message Board link

I'm pretty glad I've upgraded. I love the SLI-d (and the enermax PSU which replaced a paper weight *cough* Aspire PSU)

I still have the ol' Foxconn mATX board and the Q-Pack. Maybe if AMD's nice and drops the 939 CPUs prices I'll do a HTPC build.

PS: Thanks, ExRoadie!