Paintballing

battery

hey, i'm looking into getting into Pballing...i went a few times with some friends a week ago...man that was fun as hell...i found out i'm pretty good=)...my friends couldn't figure out how they could just give me any gun and i's still take out half of them....hehe they started my with some guys extra lil pistol....i shot 6 of the 17 guys guys playing...not bad for my first itme with a pistol...so they were like screw that and gave me a sniper gun...i killed 8 of the 17 that time...then they just gave me a regular pball gun and i killed 5 of the 17...i think it was just becuase i was tired...lot of running in the woods. i want a web site that has reviews and such for pball guns masks and about everything else...guides on how to build you own and whatever...i been searching around and all i find is stores.

looks like all that counter-strike paid off... :P

there's plenty of sites online that sell equipment

and Im not sure what site this is but my friend used to

always goto this one where it had reviews like on every

gun and pistol, probly even masks and stuff too...

I remember one of my friends got this pistol and

we made fun of him cause on the review for it someone

wrote something like "I can throw paintballs harder, faster

and w/ more accuracy than this gun"...

It was a cool looking gun but it kinda sucked and wasted

co2 pretty quick...

lol, yea cs made me uber at pballing=) and my dad said gamin was a waste of time and money*turns head to check the time on the computer next to him to make sure its correct* so whats the web site? *looks behind him and stares at the screen saver on the comp behind him* *turns head to the left to check what song is playing on his 2nd moniter* hmmm...do i have too many comps in my room?

people who game have faster reflexes than people who don't, they can also do multiply tasks at once better, such as watching tv, playing those are just examples, it applies to most everything, there also better drivers. Gaming also improves your eyehand cordination along with a host of other things. Gaming is not a waste of time or money unless that's all you do with your life then I would call it an addiction, but a health amount of it is just as good as playing a sport to improve those qualities, mater of fact it's 10 times better to improve eyehand corination and such things that come in to play when playing sports. You can tell your dad that, because he obviouslly doesn't know what he's talking about.

alright your getting into paintballing. indoors or outdoors is your first decision. if outdoors your gonna need a gun thats going to get you the fps ( feet per second ) you want. now if your going to do indoor (speed ball) you wont need a gun that will shoot long. youll need one to shoot short.

anyways, heres a list of things you need.

gun. (i suggest a piranha or spyder, but if you have the big bucks, a timmy or angel)

air. (you can go with the co2 or n2 or o2 for this one. co2 is the cheaper one. usually good for beginners. n2 is the best because it doesnt put so much pressure on your gun, but the most expensive. and then o2 which is kinda in the middle.)

helmet. (now heres sometrhing your going to want to invest in. spend at least 100$ on this one. make sure it fits you nice and good)

hopper (these days you can choose from a standard hopper which is about 3$ and will feed your balls at about 2 per second, or you can get a more expensive hopper for about 80$ that contains a motor in it and what they call an X-board. this turns the paddles inside the hopper and increase your bps (balls per seond) to about 8-30. (depends on the gun.)

thats about all your going to need. of course there are extras. like mechanical triggers which are computers which increase your bps. but youll learn that as you go on.

barrel (now if your going to be switching from indoor and outdoor paintballing your going to need 2 different barrels. also there are different barrels for different positions. for outdoor i suggest a 18' barrel its long and will help you shoot more straight. now for indoor there are many different positions so different barrels are for different positions. a person playing front will use a shorter barrel while a person playing dumper will have a much longer barrel for his much longer shots.)

i hope ive helped. i know this can kind of become overwhelming and confusing but just go to your local paintball shop and talk to them and theyw ill explain everything. its an excellent sport and i love playing it.

Edited by ne1n

This thread makes me sad :( . Before i moved to europe i wanted to play but never got a chance to. In belguim it was too far away and in london it took so long to get out of the city that i couldnt do it. Well i hurt my knee (tore my acl and miniscus) and cant even run or jump till i get surgery (which i have to wait till im at least 17) crap u

people who game have faster reflexes than people who don't

you should've saw me at this fun night at my work (I work at a movie theater)...

they had all the arcade games set to unlimited play and we have this cop game where it tracks your movements... I was flippin out!

everyone was rollin cause I seriously wore myself out, I looked like I was

in the matrix or somethin dodgin bullets and shootin all gangster style...

it was great

I believe u are talking about police 24/7 or the sequel to it. Both use lightscreens to track ur movement and yes they are awesome but its gets annoying as its a japense game. (no offense to japanese ppl i just prefer running around my country shooting inoccent bystanders)

well, in my opinion spyder makes a good gun! I have a tippmann 98 custom that I made into a snyper gun! Its got there flatline barrell system, and a collapsable carbine stock! I really like it, but I wish it had a higher cyclic rate! I think i will be buying one of the A-5 with the cyclone feed systems, that seems to be better!

i did some research and i think i'm gonna get a tipp...A-5 or the 98 custom, depends on how quicky i get money. i'm going outdoor...prolly outdoor only...recreational and woods...i know i'm gonna need a new barrel for my pball gun already...all the reviews i read said they were crap. decent at short range but hella crappy at long range...and sence i like to sit up in tree and pelt my friends...i think i'm gonna eventually buy a a long barrel maybe something in the 30in range and a scope...then buy a pistol...full stealth sniper...=)

tipmans.. ehh they arent the greatest. i really do suggest a piranha. they are about 500$ for the best model. and about 200$ cdn for the medium. your gonna get performance for sure withthe piranha. it was my first gun :D

this is sooo funny!!! paintball is totally old schooled... tippman 98 custom, spyder shudder, brasseagle silver raptor, angels, bushmaster, etc etc... GOSH i did this back when i was a little kid ... 5 years ago!! lmao. Anyone ever heard of Airsoft? Because that crap is real. Its not like holding chunks of steal and pumping out co2 with paint at you, its like using real military guns but it dont kill you. O_o Back in da Days.