Sign in to follow this  
jskudera

Chipset problem on my SLI-D board

If you have a good case and your video card is designed to spec. the Evercool VC-RE will be a direct replacement for the DFI stock chipset cooler.

You may have to bend two or three of the cooling fins on the Evercool right were the video card crosses over it, but otherwise its a good fit with just enough clearance. The factory holes on the motherboard are a little closer together than on the Evercool, but you can angle in the push pins during installation and it'll snap right together.

Hmm..when angling the push pins does this cause poor contact with the chipset..can you bend the arms the push pins are in to make it fit better???

The arms with the pins in are already angled upwards. To make it fit easier I bent mine slightly with my hand making it slightly more level making it fit easier. I kept the shim from the stock cooler and transferred it to the Evercool lining it up by sight. Mine makes good contact.

Good luck.

is this cooler about the same hgt when installed as the stock cooler or are the fins taller...I have but not installed..I have a Artic Silencer 5 rev 2 and of course concerned this cooler will not fit under it

I placed AS ceramique on my chipset with stock cooler and load temps hit 48C(I removed the chipset and never used anything but AS ceramique with the stock cooler

is this cooler about the same hgt when installed as the stock cooler or are the fins taller...I have but not installed..I have a Artic Silencer 5 rev 2 and of course concerned this cooler will not fit under it

The height is the same. Many people with DFI boards have done this already and have had no issues. I have also done it to my board. The evercool fits easily and cools better. Just be patient when installing it :)

Pity the EVERCOOL uses bearings in the fan. The magnetic levitation fan for the stock fan would last longer you would think.

I'll take my chances with the Evercool over the OEM any day of the week. Hell, at $7.00 per fan you could afford to change the Evercool fan out once a year (kind of like preventative maintenance). As a matter of fact, when I bought mine I bought 3 just in case.

Cheers.