chipset temps

My nf4 chipset temps average 48 idle, 52-53 load. It has a 7800gt right over it, and I'm worried that this is too hot. MBM 5 also reports a "PWMIC" temperature of 51 idle, around 55 load. I'm no expert and as such I'm not sure what this is, but both of those temperatures seem pretty high to me. I am running prime95 20hr stable, but longevity is a concern of mine.

Any input would be appreciated.

Yeah iamkoza is right, the PWM mosfets can work at huge temperatures... as a matter of fact they work best at high temperatures.

The chipset is good for up to 70º C. When I had a previous case, before watercooling, the two 6800GT cards (SLI) gave the system a lot of heat, and like you said one of them is directly on top of the chipset; even with a blower fan pointing towards the chipset heatsink the idle temperature got to be 48º C and the load (3D) one to be 55º C. Now with the new case, which is designed for maximum ventilation, and the watercooling of both 6800GT cards, the chipset run around the 30's deg.

Buy this and install it, no mods necessary, fits perfectly in place of the lame stock chipset cooler. Add some Arctic Silver to make it complete and even better!... it dropped my chipset temps almost 10C, and i stay under 40C fully loaded now, while running THREE video cards!

check it out: http://www.jab-tech.com/Evercool-VC-RE-Twi...er-pr-2291.html