Just bought Enermax Noisetaker 2 485W -- Will I regret it?

Guest Erukian_merged

Guest Erukian

I also just ordered the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D for $112 (newegg has an 8hour sale on now)

The noisetaker was $75 (10 off) and it seems powerful enough, specs are in my sig.

I'm not going SLI, couple HDD's, optical drive, couple peices of ram, you guys think it's enough power or is it cutting it too close?

-Joe

Guest Erukian

hmmm i wonder..

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s123304uk.jpg

Quote from SPCR forums. "What can I say after MikeC? Only that our unique Seasonic reseller made a test with an Seasonic S-12 330 and a Venice 3000+ @ 2.88 GHz, X1900XTX @ 760/890, DFI LP nF4, 2X256MB BH-5 @ 263Mhz 2-2-2-5 3.7V, WD 80GB JB, 4 fans 80mm and it works flawless. "

And 485W isnt enough for a single 6800GT?

Guest Erukian

right, i purchased it but all i have to do is refuse delievery and it goes back to newegg and I get a full refund including shipping.

So no loss on my end. I'm sorry for seeming argumentative, I was really convinced 485W w/ the amount of amps on the rails it has would be enough, and maybe was a bit upset that someone would say it would barely cut it when a 330W can power a dfi+a64 oc'd+the most watt intensive graphics card.

-Joe

Hey I am not saying I am 100% correct. I am just saying if you decide to upgrade down the road.. This is coming from someone who runs a case with 14 HD's and 9 120mm fans with oodles of stuff in my sig.

So doesnt sound alot to me.

Guest Erukian

sorry, i was even harsh in the 2nd reply, i gotta tone it down.

I don't upgrade that often, so when i buy parts i usually replace everything.

The 485W would just be for 'this' system, i figure in 3-4 years they'll be really nice PSU that i can get when i upgrade again, so given my upgrade path, i shouldn't shoot for overkill.

As far as adding to my system, the most i expect out of it is to replace the one 6800GT with a single HDMI capable Shader Model 4 (like what farcry2/crysis is using) video card and maybe add a 10k RPM HDD later.

-Joe