Sign in to follow this  
.zulu

Question about CPU VID percentage..

I am currently tweaking my board and read about the rdx200 board has destroyed alot of CPU by using the "CPU VID Special Control".. how safe is it and how do you recommend using it?.. I heard thats it ok if you increase the main VID first to max before adding the percentage..

Just OC my rigg to 2.8Ghz 1.525 w. 107.5% (44C load), multiplier x11, HTT 255, Memory devider 9/10 (180) 230Mhz.. funniest thing is that in CPU-Z it says 215Mhz?!.. must be a bug.

I've mentioned this many times, and nobody ever answers - I'm not sure how to work out the memory dividers, but i'm quite sure it's not as simple as just multiplying your FSB by the ratio of the dividers.

If it's supposed to be, then this motherboards dividers are wrong.

Try the latest CPUz... i think its v1.32, I read in the release notes that more memory divider support has been added.

When I had HTT=200 and Mem divider = 5/4 (250Mhz) and multiplier=12
On boot I get DDR500
With Memtest it says DDR266
A64Tweaker says 133 aswell
older CPUz, it said 133 divider so also DDR266....

Now that Ive got the new CPUz, it says 240 divider which is DDR480

So I think its a software issue and they just need to update the software.

The only way I can work out the 240 is by taking my HTT, dividing it by the 5 part of the divider and adding it onto my HTT.

Makes no sense I know... but i cant figure out any other way of calculating it.

So in the end I think that the board is posting the correct dividers, but software is interpreting the dividers wrong.

Cos Im still getting crazy performance on my board with this divider....

Hi, try [url="http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18259&d=1098699062"]A64 Memfreq 1.1[/url]...

Memory frequency is based on the cpu frequency, not on the reference clock (or HTT if you like). Divide the cpu frequency by a divider depending on your cpu multiplier to get the memory frequency.

[quote name='Quadrifoglio']Hi, try [url="http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18259&d=1098699062"]A64 Memfreq 1.1[/url]...

Memory frequency is based on the cpu frequency, not on the reference clock (or HTT if you like). Divide the cpu frequency by a divider depending on your cpu multiplier to get the memory frequency.[/quote]

That makes a bit more sense now. But Im still not getting either of my values. I will play around with the numbers when I get a chance.

The memory dividers do work fine. DFI boards have more dividers than other boards. When I tried more of the generally supported dividers it was read fine. CPUz and Memtest, etc just need to include support for the other memory dividers.