Black Screen after windows load

Yesterday I finished building my new system which is listed below. After running into a multitude of little problems (every time I started the system up it was looking for a disk even with the primary set as the HD, it would sometimes lockup after cmos save or look for a system disk even after windows was installed and primary was set to hard disk) After I did some tweaking in the bios I corrected the problems was able to get windows loaded, downloaded and updated all the drivers and ran 3dmark03, score was just a tad over 15k which seemed pretty damn low for dual 7800's (my x800pro on a p4 3g with a gig of ram could score 10k no prob)

I noticed that the power plug for the second GT card was not fully seated... and 3dmark didnt show there was 2 cards in the pciE slots... luckily the fan goes to a seperate plugin than the card itself so I turned the system off pulled the power plug to the psu popped the power plug into the card, and now after the scrolling windows screen it goes all black... tried resetting a few times, nothing. tried pulling the second card out and not using the sli bridge, nothing... kinda frustrating because it was working fine before and now it doesnt work at all.. any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

/sigh... tried pulling out the cards and switching them, resetting cmos (just 30sec jumper switch method) and still nothing... both cards will put up a signal, I can load into the bios and the logo screen all work fine, windows acts like its going to load but after it gets past the scrolling bar it just goes to a black screen, I tried to go into windows in safe mode and it spammed a bunch of partition/system32 text and just sat there... gonna try and format and reinstall windows and see if that fixes the problem.. any other ideas?

I'm running two drives, the raptor and the caviar, the raptor is the one that has windows on it currently... mainly I'm just wanting assurance that its not likely a gfx card issue (no problems running the dvi on either card and see everything just fine, just black screen after the windows scroll bar... I guess I could install it on the caviar and see if that fixes it.

Turns out the reason why it wasnt working was one of the cards was bad :sad:

I formatted the system to no avail, it got into windows but it would not allow me to turn on sli, if I connected the DVI plug into the second graphics card i'd get nothing but a large green artifact or no signal at all, oh well I guess one card is sufficent for now until my RMA goes through.