OCZ 4000VX on NF2 Lan Party B

Guest Darien_merged

LOL...yeah.. I've always wondered what it would be like to get some 2 x 256MB and just OC the living hell out of them... I just couldn't see myself using that little RAM... but I'm sure we'd get some crazy nasty overclocks with them... but I've never tried...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now running my 2x256 OLd BH5 kit in DC :) 221mhz achieved :) god save oskar wu for that bios :) but I think they are never going to do 240's or 250's :( in nf4 they just did 295mhz :P

someday when I go crazy and have money I'll buy a pair of speedpremium "VX" and try it on my lpb...nf2 rox so much :)

"Speed Premium" are TwinMos and are CH5-UTT... they're pretty darn nice... at least my set was... results vary... But the VX are OCZ and performed somewhat better for me I must say.

btw... got a linky to that oskar wu bios??? or is that the one on loggan's site?

here it is http://www.upload2.net/page/download/pv45Z...8-Beta.rar.html

I don't know maybe I am very unlucky..my ram does [email protected] memtest stable..240 must be 3.2 I think but in windows it fials immediatly..but I will continue to burn in them @223 and if things go good I will upper 1mhz by day..

I'm gonna sell my tccd and maybe get 2x512 old skool bh5..or speedpremium ch5-utt (in portugal I don't see ocz VX) but I think I'll save the money..2x256 for me is sufficient..

edit: Is not the ch5 utt that dies in nf2?

here it is http://www.upload2.net/page/download/pv45Z...8-Beta.rar.html

I don't know maybe I am very unlucky..my ram does [email protected] memtest stable..240 must be 3.2 I think but in windows it fials immediatly..but I will continue to burn in them @223 and if things go good I will upper 1mhz by day..

I'm gonna sell my tccd and maybe get 2x512 old skool bh5..or speedpremium ch5-utt (in portugal I don't see ocz VX) but I think I'll save the money..2x256 for me is sufficient..

edit: Is not the ch5 utt that dies in nf2?

Yeah... ch5-utt can die rather easily in the NF2... that's why I love ocz.. cuz when theirs dies, they'll just replace it with something better.... free

also... you'll need atleast 3.2v to get 240-250FSB... and actually more than 3.3v to really make them scream... can you say, "volt mod?" =)

well in portugal I don't see many ocz VX...I think it was because then twinmos made the speedpremium with the ch5 utt too and they were very cheap..and a store here made some kidn of reabeling and sold those speedpremium as Aquapc VX and so we had sure it has "VX" chips...

I had the redline 4000 but the previous owner told me..u ill need at least 3.6v...I think I'll stay with 2x256 BH5 old skool..when I can find 2x512 pure BH5 I'll buy it

dont know if it's worth noting....

I bought both of the Centon kits that Centon offered the forum...both ddr400 and ddr500....Neither of these kits would post in my NF2-LP-B...I tried all 4 boards I had at that time with 6/19, 7/28 and 11/23 bios's not a one of them would post....

I did send them out to some one here and they did post on an Infinity NF2...?

I can tell you that the ddr500 I had would not run rated speed on a via or NF4 platform...one stick would and the other wouldnt...they are currently in RMA as of now...I am not sure of the ddr400 but I also have them in a NF4 rig on the bench....

I do know that I switched it with Patriot-XBLK and I can hit well over 320fsb on the NF4...and have been much happier...;)

dont know if it's worth noting....

I bought both of the Centon kits that Centon offered the forum...both ddr400 and ddr500....Neither of these kits would post in my NF2-LP-B...I tried all 4 boards I had at that time with 6/19, 7/28 and 11/23 bios's not a one of them would post....

I did send them out to some one here and they did post on an Infinity NF2...?

I can tell you that the ddr500 I had would not run rated speed on a via or NF4 platform...one stick would and the other wouldnt...they are currently in RMA as of now...I am not sure of the ddr400 but I also have them in a NF4 rig on the bench....

I do know that I switched it with Patriot-XBLK and I can hit well over 320fsb on the NF4...and have been much happier...;)

yeah.. the PDP xblk are awesome... and like my ocz plat. rev can scale to 300-320 on an NF4..

my 3200 plat rev 2's scaled as high as my 4800 plat elites on my NF4... good stuff...

Well.. just an update...

my new 4000 VX appeared memtest stable and windows stable at 250 2-2-2-2-11 13-15 3-3-4-3-2-2-3 at only 3.2v !!! but with more intense testing it was apparent that it needed 3.3v...

it's been running for days with day to day applications no problem... but with 3.3v it fails prime 95 after about an hour... I may need more vcore but I doubt it... I think the problem is my crappy Ultra-X connect PSU... if I had my trusty old OCZ 520 in it would be stable...

my PSU has the weakest rails I've ever seen 11.67v, 4.98v and 3.2?v complete garbage.. I would RMA it but I doubt they would do anything about it. I'll probably sell it and get another OCZ powerstream.

Well.. just an update...

my new 4000 VX appeared memtest stable and windows stable at 250 2-2-2-2-11 13-15 3-3-4-3-2-2-3 at only 3.2v !!! but with more intense testing it was apparent that it needed 3.3v...

it's been running for days with day to day applications no problem... but with 3.3v it fails prime 95 after about an hour... I may need more vcore but I doubt it... I think the problem is my crappy Ultra-X connect PSU... if I had my trusty old OCZ 520 in it would be stable...

my PSU has the weakest rails I've ever seen 11.67v, 4.98v and 3.2?v complete garbage.. I would RMA it but I doubt they would do anything about it. I'll probably sell it and get another OCZ powerstream.

Well, I'm in the process of RMA'ing that powersupply.. i bought a 500W Ultra-X connect PSU.. the older version, not the X2 connect I'm RMA ing... and it's green... I know it would be crappy but I only paid $40 shipped to hawaii... so I thought what the heck no biggie...

so I pulled the 550W UV blue X2 connect out of my system and popped in the green 500W X connect psu and guess what.. that little cheapy PSU is giving me a 12.18v rail!!!! with a 5.08v and I don't know about the 3.3v rail as MBM does read that properly.. but man does that little PSU blow away the other one...

I thought this would improve my OC... and it did a little but I kept trying to pass prime at 250 and it failed in just under 3 hours instead on 1 hour... hmm...

I started to push the RAM to 3.4v.. up vcore... nothing was working... I finally realized that my Vdd was turned all the way down to 1.6v!!! :eek:

lol... needless to say I bumped it up to 1.9v and the last time I checked it was at 5.5hours and going strong.. that was last night, I'll check soon and see if it made it past the 12hour mark... looks like there'll be a new toaster in town

so in conclusion the new VX ram probably would have passed 250 at 3.2vdimm if I would have checked my Vdd and boosted it to 1.8-1.9...

will post results later

Well... it made it over 9 hours... so that's a toaster right there... but I must admit I was a little disappointed.. I thought she'd go for at least 12 but no luck...

anyways, here goes.

newvxtoasterrr9.jpg

the bummer is if I go to 252 or above it fails prime instantly even if I bump the volts.... so right now I'm priming 251 and we'll see if it can be pushed any higher....

once I get an OCZ 520 PSU back in there she'll give me more... for shure ;)