OCZ 4000VX on NF2 Lan Party B

Guest Darien_merged

Welcome back Darien I still haven't found the limits of my 4800 plat's in nf4. Really all I've done w/nf4 it to setup a coupla really really good 24/7 oc's. Tryin' to get my voltage trimmed down at both set's. Currently summer settin' are in my sig.(It's not real hot yet though.) Winter settin's are in the OCDB. But I also have a w'c in the werks. It'll be a coupla'-few months in buildin'. Actually 2# loops 1# processor deicated. And the other w.smaller rad NB-gpu(s) All I have now is the cpu water-block . But I think I kinda' got my heart set on one a' Weapon's" 1/2" 4 core modded automotive rads and shroud. For the primary loop. (Overkill?) Wish I had more money to put in it. Get the IHS offa' it. I'm hopping to pick-up some mhz's on my low stress OC's. It'll do 3ghz on air but I don't like my vid(vcore) much over 1.5. And I hate high temps.LOL Sometimes I get them anyway. Best to you and welcome back. "Clay"

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darien

Well..

I just got my second set of Centon from RMA... same thing...they sucked HUGE

can't even do 250 @ 2-2-2-11.... 1000's and 1000's of errors on 1 pass of memtest.... both sticks are totally worthless... they almost do 240... but don't.. they still fail @ 240.... they suck...

pop in my BH-5, ocz vx, twinmos SP... they all do 250 fine in memtest.

I called them and told them how pissed I was that I've pain almost $25 in shipping and now i have to send another pair back!!!

I told them I want a full refund... but instead they said they will pay return shipping as well and try one more time....

but at this point I'm not very hopeful.

Guest Darien
Did you try the Centon out in your NF4?

Just wondering if it's bad RAM or if it just doesn't like NF2.

The first set I did... and It didn't work... I'm gonna try the second set today... but I'm not hopeful...

I spoke with the Centon tech support guy and he specifically told me it would work in a NF2 platform... he said one of their guys was an overclocker with a DFI and he loved the RAM... but who knows maybe it was a NF4 DFI?

The first set I did... and It didn't work... I'm gonna try the second set today... but I'm not hopeful...

I spoke with the Centon tech support guy and he specifically told me it would work in a NF2 platform... he said one of their guys was an overclocker with a DFI and he loved the RAM... but who knows maybe it was a NF4 DFI?

I found with the VX in my NF4 that it ran Memtest fine even when it failed in my LPB, but it would fall over big time when in Windows. So what i am saying is that testing in an NF4, in my case, was'nt a lot of help with the LPB.

• 4 months later...

Well...

I just bought a new set of OCZ 4000 VX off of flea-Bay! wooo hoooo... round 2... or 3 or 4.. I lost count...

but N E ways.. I'm a gonna give it another go... OH, not only that I got some KICK A$$ Corsair 3500 's OLD SKOOL BH5!!! they're doing 240 2-2-2-11 @ 3.2v in my Abit AN7... so they should fly high once I get them in my DFI LP B!!!

will post results once I test her out!

Well...

I just bought a new set of OCZ 4000 VX off of flea-Bay! wooo hoooo... round 2... or 3 or 4.. I lost count...

but N E ways.. I'm a gonna give it another go... OH, not only that I got some KICK A$$ Corsair 3500 's OLD SKOOL BH5!!! they're doing 240 2-2-2-11 @ 3.2v in my Abit AN7... so they should fly high once I get them in my DFI LP B!!!

will post results once I test her out!

What size are the Corsair,I got about 5 of the 256mb

What size are the Corsair,I got about 5 of the 256mb

All my RAM is 2 x 512MB.... 2 x 256MB is cheating :P hehehe.

Who says.....guess I'm gonna be a cheater....I always thought the same Darien:p

Just want to test the 256mb ram,some ppl still run them

I'm now running my 2x256 OLd BH5 kit in DC :) 221mhz achieved :) god save oskar wu for that bios :) but I think they are never going to do 240's or 250's :( in nf4 they just did 295mhz :P

someday when I go crazy and have money I'll buy a pair of speedpremium "VX" and try it on my lpb...nf2 rox so much :)

Bloody hell Darien, i thought you'd migrated to mars or something welcom back. Lets hope they live long enough this time to get a toaster eh :)

Hey! the last one got a toaster:rolleyes:

yeah I haven't been around much... done a bit of lurking... but starting a new business takes a LOT of time...

anywho... the new 4000VX are burning in slowly at 240 1T

2-2-2-2-11 / 3-3-4-3-2-2-3 / 13-15 @ 3.2v

she's Super Pi stable 32M and memtest passed all tests once and 18 passes of test 5 no errors...

she's been priming away for alomst an hour now...

These are office computers now... so no crazy a$$ hot rodding right off the start... just a nice slow burn in... daily stable use is the key here... after a day or two stable we bump her up a little...

my Corsair BH5 is in my new Abit AN7 rig... heheh.. got another for nostalgia... the damn thing did 250FSB right out of the box!!:eek: I tried for almost a whole year to get my first AN7 to do that... shsss.. this one does it straight out of the box... she's a winner.... right now I'm running the AN7 @ 240 2-2-2-11 1T 3.2v....

I know as many volt mod tricks with the AN7 as I do the LPB... she may give my sista a run for her $$$ :) (Not really... but If I say that my sista will get jealous and maybe try a little harder for me:rolleyes: )