Can't Power PC Up At All

Hmm, strange, never heard of that one before. What happens if you follow the ATI Tool instructions for enabling monitor output and such?

Could be that the R580 isn't yet supported by ATI Tool, I don't know really. Does it detect default clock settings and so on?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so on that note, since it's looking like I'm going to have to say goodbye to the ol' aspire, what PSU's would you recommend to get this machine going and also be good enough to support dual GPUs?

I am using this one from Thermaltake. It is really nice.

Thermaltake

This Antec is nice for the money.

Antec

I also had problems with this board which i think i have solved, i haven't plauged it into a monitor yet but the lights in the corner come on and the after a while go off, is this normal? does anyone know why my floppy drive power cable decided to ignite itself? I am using a rx200 board, 1gb kingston ram, 4200 x2 cpu, nvidia 6600, hyper 580w psu. I did connect the floppy cable correct as it only goes on one way and i checked it like 3 times. I will try to take my psu back tomorrow afternoon.

Hmm, strange, never heard of that one before. What happens if you follow the ATI Tool instructions for enabling monitor output and such?

Could be that the R580 isn't yet supported by ATI Tool, I don't know really. Does it detect default clock settings and so on?

I've done everything it says, but it's the same error no matter if I try to get clock settings or 3d view or artifact finder or whatever.

ok I installed the beta 10 version of ati tool, and it works as it's supposed to. But I get artifacts nonstop, like you can "find max core" or "find max memory" and it scans for artifacts as it's raising the core and memory, but for me...it decreases because the artifacts don't go away. So I will be RMAing my video card asap

• 2 months later...

yea so I just wanted everyone to know that DFI is the absolute worst effing motherboard company on the planet and I am going to be the future happy owner of an asus a8r-32 mvp deluxe with the 3200 crossfire chipset and dual 16x pci xpress graphix processesing OMFG! SCREW YOU UP THE A DFI YOU F#*(IN LAME PEICE OF S#*# BASTARDS FOR RUINING MY LIFE AND TAKING MY MONEY! <3

I was looking at the Hiper Type R 580 for myself too, but it has some objections:

*120 mm + 80 mm fan; I don't understand this, as almost any 80 mm fan is loud and the added airflow of this fan will be quite low when already equipped with a 120 mm fan.

*maximum DC output @ 12v is around 360 Watts; you're not ever going to be needing 220 Watts @ 3,3v + 5v, so that is somewhat wasted capacity. If you are ever going to need it in a SLI/Crossfire setup, it will be @ 12v. But you can't use the extra power there as it is limited to 'only' 360 Watts. For comparison, the Enermax FMA 535 and the Seasonic S12 500 can deliver 408/396 Watts resp. @ 12v.

*the Type R 580 efficiency is not very high, around 78% @ 230 Watts consumption. For comparison, the Enermax FMA 535W / Zippy 600W / Antec Phantom 500W all get around 88% @ 230 Watts, that's about as high as it's going to get.

I would seriously consider this Seasonic S12 500, because it's very quiet, very powerfull and has very high efficiency. I'm going to get one myself today, because I tested the S12 430 version and it was very impressive.

If money is a problem get the one i have in my sig its about the same price as that hyper crap one but its a quality power supply everyoen here will agree with me on that.

yea so I just wanted everyone to know that DFI is the absolute worst effing motherboard company on the planet and I am going to be the future happy owner of an asus a8r-32 mvp deluxe with the 3200 crossfire chipset and dual 16x pci xpress graphix processesing OMFG! SCREW YOU UP THE A DFI YOU F#*(IN LAME PEICE OF S#*# BASTARDS FOR RUINING MY LIFE AND TAKING MY MONEY! <3

Well your right its not for newbs. You cant pair a quality board like this with crap parts.

If money is a problem get the one i have in my sig its about the same price as that hyper crap one but its a quality power supply everyoen here will agree with me on that.

THe power supply in my sig actually works, I was using an aspire before and that was the janky one, the hiper type-r is amazing