Sign in to follow this  
TDawg2k7

Can't Power PC Up At All

error9nh.th.jpg

error20yv.th.jpg

error32ew.th.jpg

These are 3 more examples of my problem i have, even after using Driver Cleaner "DC" Pro and installing video card drivers and the newest directx. So idk what to do at this point...

My PC wont power up if i unplug a USB device, or plug one in, even if ive got the power off at the wall, without fail if i take a USB device out, or plug it in i have a chore getting it to boot again, i have to go through a rigmarole of switching the PSU off/on again, if that doesn't work couple of times, then i have to power off fully at the mains, if that doesn't work then i have to unplug the kettle lead to the PSU for a bit then plug it back in, if that don't work i have to go through it all again, and eventually one of those things i do gets it to power up, this board is a joke, mines getting binned when theres more RD580 ones out there, im going to get one of those.

DFi should be called MFi, don't know how ppl can say they are cracking boards, this is my first ever one, and its my last, only had it about 3 months, and its prob after prob, about as stable as a 2x legged table, i could RMA, but i dont want another one as they are crap, i would'nt even give it a way for nowt thats why im binning it as its that bad, always had Asus in the past, and i had a Gigabyte board before this heap, and all those worked flawless.

...These are 3 more examples of my problem i have, even after using Driver Cleaner "DC" Pro and installing video card drivers and the newest directx. So idk what to do at this point...

Typical examples of artifacts if you ask me, mostly caused by power shortage or too much heat.

Typical examples of artifacts if you ask me, mostly caused by power shortage or too much heat.

Well it's not a heat problem, and I just got a hiper type 580 so I know it's not an issue with the psu, so what are your suggestions to fixing this problem?

What are your temps (cpu, case, VGA) anyway?

Best thing to try is to downclock the vid card untill the artifacts disappear (using ATI Tool artifact tester). If that happens after a few MHz, it could be your case temp getting too high (and gradually heating up your vid card). Also, in case of this minor difference, you could replace the VGA cooler with a better one and the artifacts at stock speeds will be gone too.

If it takes a big jump down in frequency to get rid of any artifacts, I would RMA the card. You paid a lot for the card to run at its rated speed. If it can't do that, the manufacturer or the shop should replace it with another.

As for the Hiper PSU: you really don't know if it is operating correctly untill you replace it with another, or untill you test your PSU in another known working heavy system. According to specs it can do about 350 Watts @ 12v, which should be (more than) enough. If it can live up to its specs remains a question mark...

Doesn't have to be ATI Tool to set the clocks (you can also use a manufacturers tool or Rivatuner etc.), but the ATI Tool artifact tester is easy to use and very good.

Try the GPU frequency first, leave the GDDR frequency as it is. Use the + and - buttons to go down 1 MHz in frequency or just move the slider. Click the apply button and scan for artifacts for about an hour (if none are found). Repeat this untill your artifacts are gone.

The same goes for GDDR downclocking, if the GPU downclocking doesn't help.

Doesn't have to be ATI Tool to set the clocks (you can also use a manufacturers tool or Rivatuner etc.), but the ATI Tool artifact tester is easy to use and very good.

Try the GPU frequency first, leave the GDDR frequency as it is. Use the + and - buttons to go down 1 MHz in frequency or just move the slider. Click the apply button and scan for artifacts for about an hour (if none are found). Repeat this untill your artifacts are gone.

The same goes for GDDR downclocking, if the GPU downclocking doesn't help.

I always get the same error in ati tool saying "The video card you selected for overclocking in ATITool does not seem to be used by windows. Visual testing has been disabled. To fix this, go to Display Properties, Settings and enable the monitor output of the card."