Sign in to follow this  
TDawg2k7

Can't Power PC Up At All

now the only thing I am seeing wrong is in every game I've played so far, there seems to be like a thick black line or something like that moving with the camera, like in counterstrike source and fear, a long black line sometimes is connected at the end of my gun and moves with the camera, updated bios and video card drivers, no fix as of yet. Wondering if anybody else notices this as well...

[quote name='TDawg2k7']idles at about 48 degrees celcius, and I just got done playing HL2 Lost Coast for like 10 minutes, got an error, checked the temp and it got to like 62 degrees[/quote]
If this is the temp of your gfx card then you are perfectly fine. If this is your cpu, you could be in trouble.

that's the video card, cpu idles around 27 degrees and I haven't really seen it at load yet, but yea...I guess I will reformat, since I haven't done that yet. Might fix things

also I use everest ultra edition to give me temps on my hardware, it's telling me I have an x1900XT instead of an XTX, this it's just the program not being able to decipher the 2 or ATI screwing me over by putting an XT in an XTX box? hmmmm I'm sure it's the program :-D

but check it out, I shut down my computer for the 1st time with this new hardware in last night before I went to bed...it completely shut down for like 10 minutes, then it just powered on all by itself...shut it down again, 10 minutes later it powers on. So I hit the main power switch in the back. The only possible explanations I have is, my computer is posessed, my house is haunted, or something is messed up with maybe the bios or something...I hmmm that one too...still haven't reformatted yet, will let you know how that turns out

The powering on situation: check your wake on LAN settings in your BIOS. Maybe your router/modem is giving signals over the network every 10/15 minutes. Just disable wake on LAN and it should be normal. Better even, disable all wake on...(stuff :) ) settings.

everything seems to be going pretty good all except artifacts in about every game and 3dmark...reformatting seemed to fix the powering on problem. I have "cli.exe" running twice in my processes + "ati2evxx.exe" running twice as well. Does everybody have that as well? just trying to have as few processes as possible

[url="http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamemessup6um.jpg"]http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamemessup6um.jpg[/url]

This is an example the "artifact, game mess-up etc." I get in every game I've tried so far plus 3dmark. This could be sitting still like it is in the picture, or flickering, moving with the camera, disappearing when the camera moves...etc...This gets very annoying, BTW it's the long thing sticking out of the guy's back with the shadow