Can't Power PC Up At All

Upgraded my PC to what's in my profile now from a Asus K8-NE Deluxe, athlon 64 2800+ and a geforce 6600 gt in AGP. Everything worked great before, I got this built and I can't power it up. The standby light on the mobo is on. I had to get 3 adapters for my PSU (a 20 to 24 pin, a 8 pin 12 v. power to 2 x 4 pin molex, and a 6 to 2 x 4 pin molex Pci express) When I reset the switch on the PSU then push the power button, an LED on one of my fans will flicker on and off real quick but it won't flicker agian until I hit the switch in back again. Also when I do the screwdriver trick to the pins on the board, I believe it's the "test" LEDS flicker on and off real quick.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFI LanParty UT RDX200 Crossfire = $155

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo = $460

ATI X1900XTX 512 MB = $600

Soundblaster Audigy 4 = $180

That is approximately $1,400 before shipping, not counting your harddrives, DVD burner and crappy powersupply. Time to pony up $200-$250 to get yourself some RAM that actually matches the rest of your components and $100-$150 for a powersupply.

There are no other lights on on the board except for the standby light, and yes I am using 2 different brands of ram, all valueram at that...seemed to work fine on my last mobo but I can understand why it won't work as of now...and about the PSU, would that really make my PC not start up at all? thanks alot for the quick help

Seems like the boys are giving you a hard time. It's just their way of saying hello.

If you look at some of the older threads you will find plenty of problems with this mobo and the ram it works with and the psu's it won't work with. The only thing you got when you purchased this mobo was a world of pain and the unenvieable opportunity to put your hand in your pocket to get it working.

On the bright side you're gonna learn a lot more about PC's than you would have otherwise.

Thnx for the tip, I found some topics about the RDX200 and PSU trouble indeed. In most cases the problem is solved by just replacing the PSU with another type, but the cause still isn't really clear. There must be some explanation if some PSUs will not work while others will. It can't be a power issue though...

(I would hate to see my single 12v rail Enermax forced to make way for a dual rail PSU)