Easiest build ever

Hi all, first post.

This may seem odd (comparing to some of the posts I have read here on the Expert board), but this was the smoothest build I have ever done.

In fact, I made it harder for myself than I had to when I flashed to the 2005/12/07 BIOS(from the 2005/11/02 that the board came with)...for whatever reason, my hardware combo doesn't like that (somewhat constant crashes in games, very repeteable, did NOT show up until I flashed to the 12/07 version).

Did reinstall of XP just to see if the 12/07 would play nice but no go....flashed back to the 11/02 and stable as a rock. This goes to show that the ony right BIOS version IS the one that works with what you have.

I really like this board...stable as hell once the setup is right...luckily for me that didnt take to much effort, in part because I read and re-read post after post on this board. Good work DFI!

Great to hear and welcome to the fun! Did you have a reflashed Creative Labs xFI Xtreme Music? Any issues with that card ?

nice rig BTW

Not one prob with this card. I think I have one of the later ones with a newer BIOS.

This rig amazes me really; first NF4 I have ever delt with. I have a Bryce 5 file I made to burn-in systems I build (Bryce 5 is a system hog when it renders; I made up a room with mirrored textures on the walls, floor, and ceiling, 8 lights, 5 very high polygon objects, the objects have reflective textures, and I put in a plane of fog). On most systems I have built, I can get the CPU temp up into the 65-70 range (Socket 754 and 939) Takes about 7 days or so to render.

I couldn't get past 50 with this rig. Sort of irritated me :D

It wasn't until I added about 4 more lights AND a solid plane (with a volume texture) that I saw an increase in temp...and even then it was only up in the high 50's. Nice combo this NF4 and 939 chip.

Oh yeah....the Big Typhoon rocks!

How long does it take the NF4 to render?

I bet it looks awesome!

Actually, it looks like crap. The solid plane with the volume texture covers up alot. My very early version looked kinda cool (had 5 primatives in the room). Not really sure how long it takes this one to fully render...I only let it run about 2-3 days on this rig before I want to start tweaking around with the setup...no self-control, you see ;)