So Sloooooo

Thank you msmolt for the link. I've asked this question before and did not get a reply. Why have three slots on a board if it can't be supported by the board?

Does anyone have a suggestion on what memory I could purchase for this board. I had two corsair value select 512 dual channel 400s before. These were recomended by the person who also sold me the board. I orginally bought a third 512 stick to bring up the performance. It was quite a bit better but kept rebooting and said I had a kernel fault. I removed the third 512 and bought the matched 1gig sticks with an eye to expanding to the third slot. Hence the drop from 400 to 333.

This too has proven to be a failure. I know that you get what you pay for when it comes to memory. But I also know that sometimes you pay more just for a name. Any help in sorting this out would be a blessing.

Rico

Thank you msmolt for the link. I've asked this question before and did not get a reply. Why have three slots on a board if it can't be supported by the board?

Does anyone have a suggestion on what memory I could purchase for this board. I had two corsair value select 512 dual channel 400s before. These were recomended by the person who also sold me the board. I orginally bought a third 512 stick to bring up the performance. It was quite a bit better but kept rebooting and said I had a kernel fault. I removed the third 512 and bought the matched 1gig sticks with an eye to expanding to the third slot. Hence the drop from 400 to 333.

This too has proven to be a failure. I know that you get what you pay for when it comes to memory. But I also know that sometimes you pay more just for a name. Any help in sorting this out would be a blessing.

Rico

The reason there are three slots is because some people have in different denominations than 1gb.

Its not the Board that cant handle it. Its the memory controler on the 754 CPUs that cant handle it.

I 1gig sticks with an eye to expanding to the third slot. Hence the drop from 400 to 333.

memory will default to 333 but you can turn it back to 400 in the bios

Thanks for all the replies!

I see what you mean now. I was going by what the configurations in the board owners manual said to do.

Since i already look pretty dumb let me ask one more question, what other chip will this board support besides the 754?

You all have been great! Thanks for all your help!

Rico

The board will only accept Socket 754 CPU's. Trust me S754 has got plenty of power.

The 2 kit's I listed below are the only 2 I can recommend. Seeing how you have a 12 multi CPU this would work great as it would keep system latencies low.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231032