PC reboot probs and low 3dmark scores.

I have some problems with my processor. When i try to read the CPU temperature from windows, my PC reboots! I've tried three different programs (Everest, Sandra and CPUCool), the same thing happens with all of them. The PC just goes black and reboots, but I have to turn it off and on again to get it to boot normally. I can read the temp fine from the bios, but I'd like to be able to read it from windows too, when overclocing and such. This happens at both stock speeds and 2.8GHz oc. I have also updated my BIOS, and it no longer says AMD Processor model unknown whn booting and in 3dmark, it says AMD FX-60 dual core processor, which is good. So the new bios fixed that, but I still have the rebooting problems.

I've heard something about those programs not liking motherboards with ATi chipsets.. any truth to this?

Also, I seem to be getting alot less 3DMark 05 and 06 scores than I'm supposed to, and the CPU tests are really slow and choppy, 0-2 fps all the time. My CPU score for 3dmark 06 was 1821 (4572 total) (picture) and 10340 in 3dmark05.

I really hope someone has some answers to these questions :P

Guest Dynamic

The rebooting issue that you're having is either your memory or something else. Have you tested your memory through MEMTEST86 and if so did it run for 10HRS with all passes and no errors? Have you ran your system at default speeds running Prime95 for 10hrs/OCCT as well? Which CATALYST drivers are you using for your R580? The FPS in 3DMark06 that you're getting is normal, i don't know either, seems silly specially with a 1k dollar CPU that you own even, hehe. Have you testing your rails on your PSU with a Multimeter to see if your PSU is supplying your GFX CARD enough power and if it's running at 650/1550 at 3DMODE?

The rebooting issue that you're having is either your memory or something else. Have you tested your memory through MEMTEST86 and if so did it run for 10HRS with all passes and no errors? Have you ran your system at default speeds running Prime95 for 10hrs/OCCT as well? Which CATALYST drivers are you using for your R580? The FPS in 3DMark06 that you're getting is normal, i don't know either, seems silly specially with a 1k dollar CPU that you own even, hehe. Have you testing your rails on your PSU with a Multimeter to see if your PSU is supplying your GFX CARD enough power and if it's running at 650/1550 at 3DMODE?

Thankyou for that answer Dynamic! I have not tried to run memtest86, I will do that overnight today. I haven't tried prime95 either before, but I am running it now, and have been for about 45 mins without errors, at stock speed. I will also run that overnight.

I am currently using the catalyst drivers that came with the cd, so not the newest. Haven't gotten around to updating it yet, do you think that would solve the problem? As for the 3dmark06 scores, they are quite low. I got 4572 when I tested today (picture) , BUT, when i was waiting for my new powersupply, the Hiper, I was using a Thermaltake 460W with only the essentials (hd, dvdrom, gfx, cpu, ram) and then I got 5418! (picture again) So something is definately off here :rolleyes: I do think the Hiper provides enough A, (38A on two 12V rails i think) but I haven't got a multimeter, or the skills to test that :P

As for the clock speeds of the GFX card.. I'm not really sure what its running on.. ATItool shows this: (picture!)

It should show 3d clock speeds, right? Those speeds look like 2D to me :P I have played FEAR @ 1600x1200, everything on max, 4xAA, 16xAF and soft shadows, at quite decent FPS at stock speeds...

Sorry for my babbling here, I want my expensive PC to work 100%! :angel: hoping for some more good answers :cool:

just install the igp drivers from the cd that came with your mobo ,then download the newest ccc from ati's web site and this will install the rest of your graphics for you.Also get the newest bios from dfi's web site as the stock bios that comes when you purchaced the mobo doesnt truelly support the FX60..good luck mate!!!

just install the igp drivers from the cd that came with your mobo ,then download the newest ccc from ati's web site and this will install the rest of your graphics for you.Also get the newest bios from dfi's web site as the stock bios that comes when you purchaced the mobo doesnt truelly support the FX60..good luck mate!!!

I installed all the drivers that came with the mobo cd. I am going to update the catalyst drivers now too! And I have also downloaded and flashed in the newest BIOS from the dfi site, got support for fx-60 now, but still got the problems...

btw, this dialog box pops up when I start ATItool:

atitool22gg.jpg

Any was I can get it to display the 3d clock speeds?

Hey, installing 64bit version of windows wont make a real notable difference. Also not in benchmarks.

Do you have your internet plugged in in the LAN port FAREST away from the gfxcard? because for me, when i use the closest one to the gfxcard my performace is realllyyyyy bad. so i disabled it in bios.

Hey, installing 64bit version of windows wont make a real notable difference. Also not in benchmarks.

Do you have your internet plugged in in the LAN port FAREST away from the gfxcard? because for me, when i use the closest one to the gfxcard my performace is realllyyyyy bad. so i disabled it in bios.

I have a wireless connection, perhaps I should have mentioned that :P So I have a SMC wireless pci card.. and its in the slot farthers from the gfx :P

AHA!!

I disabled cool n quiet from the bios, i should have done that first really, but i forgot i had it on as i reset the cmos.. and it got set to default :rolleyes:

But when i disabled it, it seemed to fix my low scores in 3dmark! I got a 1000 point increase in 06! Landed at 5760, but still got the same cpu score, which i think is around nomal.. ish.. http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5817/06...bioscat62cc.jpg

BUT, I still have those rebooting problems when trying to read the CPU temp from windows.. it just wont go away..

there is a beta version of everest (v2.6xxx) that should fix this. Unfortunately, the link I had for it is no longer valid.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

OMFG!!! Thank you so much!! IT WORKED!! YAY! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Ahh, thats a huge load off my chest dude, no longer a hardware problem (i hope, hehe) but a "simple" software problem! Yay, me so happy, lol :D

The screenshot of proof! :D

Thank you again, and all the rest of you guys that posted! :cool: