Hey, I have a serious need for 411 please

MrOCn00b

What's up everybody? I am not new to computers, but I am totally n00bed about overclocking. I just got a Soyo Dragon Plus, an XP1800 cpu, and a GF3ti200. Everything is running good, but I want to bump it up (that's why I got the Dragon Plus). Can anyone tell me what to do? Main questions are:

1) Do I have to unlock the CPU first, and if so how the H$ll do I do that?

2) What settings should I change in the bios, and by how much?

Thanks in advance for the help everybody. This site is the crap!!!

J.

Well First off, you never said what kind of processer you have, I am assuming it is an AMD XP, first you will want to unlock the processer at highspeedpc.com they have some XP unlocking stuff..

I belive this site has done a review on it.

Changing the settings in the bio's is entirely up to you. I would take small steps.. maby by 5 % or even 10% really isent too big of a deal.. if your computer b00ts load ur fav. game and see if it will run.. If it does.. restart and bump it up more.. and retry.. from what I have learned Overclocking is just a base's of trial and error.. just make sure you have plenty of cooling.

I am still a n00b at this, but this is from what I have learned in the few months ive been paying attention.. I know you can also bump up the voltage, to make it runstable.. but.. I would ask about that later if ur not satisfyed with the max of your processer unlocked.

hope that kind of helps..

l8rz

Well First off, you never said what kind of processer you have, I am assuming it is an AMD XP, first you will want to unlock the processer at highspeedpc.com they have some XP unlocking stuff..

I belive this site has done a review on it.

Changing the settings in the bio's is entirely up to you. I would take small steps.. maby by 5 % or even 10% really isent too big of a deal.. if your computer b00ts load ur fav. game and see if it will run.. If it does.. restart and bump it up more.. and retry.. from what I have learned Overclocking is just a base's of trial and error.. just make sure you have plenty of cooling.

I am still a n00b at this, but this is from what I have learned in the few months ive been paying attention.. I know you can also bump up the voltage, to make it runstable.. but.. I would ask about that later if ur not satisfyed with the max of your processer unlocked.

hope that kind of helps..

l8rz

first off, ya read posts, you'll learn a lot...

2nd off you should purchase some advanced cooling

for your computer to make sure it runs smooth...

then check out stuff on unlocking the multiplier

and what it does... it should talk about bumping up

the vcore voltage on your CPU and how much your RAM

is clocked at...

Psywar: I dono if you noticed after you wrote your post or

not but he did mention what chip he was using...

>> I just got a Soyo Dragon Plus, an XP1800 cpu, and a GF3ti200