x1900xt question

hey guys. what temps are y'all getting for the ones with x1900xt crossfire editions. i looked at ccc and its giving me around 37 to 40* c. but if i try to do the overdrive it just cnat do it. spieks to around 60 to 70c before it says it failed. right now it just jumped to 48 while typing this.

according to ccc it says my core clock is 500 mhz and memory is at 594mhz. requested is 621mhz and memory is 720 which is almost stock. what gives? played doom 3 on ultra settings all cranked up and played fine. flight sim 2004 with lots of add-ons. fine. seems like any game i throw at it plays fine. havent tried the 6.2's but on 6.1's around 5000 for 06. is it just reporting bad clocks?

The first clocks you listed are in 2d and the second 3d. So when you game your card fires up to 621|720.

So it is reporting clocks fine.

Your temps are not abnormal. I get 45c idle and 60-70 underload with the card at 648|774. Naturally if I use the tool "overclocker" to crank up the fan speed its lower.

I did not use overdrive in the driver CCC myself and rather "overclocker" from this article. You can manually set the fan and the clocks with it.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/276/1/

Honestly if you are enjoying your games and the card is doing what you wish I wouldn't even sweat ocing it.

Guest Dynamic

Yeah, if you are normally using ATI TOOL with older generation cards like the X800/X850 series you could clock it lower in 2DMODE and have it clocked at stock or overclocked at 3dmode. It saves power and temps are slightly lower. Listen to Blacklash, great guy, knows what he's talking about, but for one thing, i'm going to check the timings on the X1900XT that i'm going to purchase here real soon before i try overclocking it with CCC Overdrive and Overclock utility given by ATI to see which are tweaking the memory timings (not a good thing) to get the most overclock settings out of your memory. Probably use ATI TOOL Beta to find the timings. Was thinking about testing my card with the stock cooler and slapping on the VF700-Cu i have running on my modded/overclocked GTO to X800XTPE as well.

i personally don't use anything from the CCC or CP settings in the drivers.

i use Ray Adams ATI Tray Tool. it has pre-defind quality and performance settings for driver options. it allows me to set the fan speed according to gpu temp (altho i leave mine on high all the time as i can't hear it anyways). i can set profiles for 2D mode clocks and 3D mode clocks. it has an On Screen option that shows gpu/mem speed, gpu/evironment temps, FPS, on top of what ever you would like it to show from MBM, like cpu temp for instance.

plus it has three pages of memory timing tweaks. don't use this if you don't know what they will do. but i've used the timing tweaks to get 200 more points in 3DMark03, haven't tried any other vid game benches with the memory tweaks yet tho.

also, it lets you see the gpu/environment temps in the system tray, which is always nice. :)

i've tried the others and have settled on this program. i really like it.

TGM

If only I could get ATI Tray Tool to work with my x1900xt
got this info from Guru3D

http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

Updated Core names database. Included information about R580, R600, RV370X, RV371, RV530 LE/SE/VE chips.

Added information about X1900 boards

Now Overclocking and Monitoring disabled by default for R5xx boards. Until I find more information about overclocking new ATI chips.

what version of ATI Tray Tools do you have? and are you sure you're using ATI Tray Tools and not ATI Tools. two different apps.

TGM

got this info from Guru3D

http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

Updated Core names database. Included information about R580, R600, RV370X, RV371, RV530 LE/SE/VE chips.

Added information about X1900 boards

Now Overclocking and Monitoring disabled by default for R5xx boards. Until I find more information about overclocking new ATI chips.

what version of ATI Tray Tools do you have? and are you sure you're using ATI Tray Tools and not ATI Tools. two different apps.

TGM

Thanks for that, I loved ATi Tray Tools with my X800XL and was waiting for it to support the X1900s.

Wow i guess mine runs hot then...idle its about 50-60C and load its 80C. I dont know how big of a difference their is between xt and xtx (I thought it was only 50MHz on memory and 25MHz on clock) but thats a huge difference in temps.

I wouldn't say it is my cooling as I have a very solid fan cooling system and my CPU idles at 29-39C. Am I missing something here?

Also while talking about temps what should the chipset be running at? Mine is about 49-51C