Sign in to follow this  
smolt

Happy Valentine Day

Happy Valentine day to DFI-Street and to all

It's valentines day allready ^^ ?

I don't like this holiday at all :(.

Never having a gf is why lol, I hate this holiday...

I used to feel the same way, In fact even though I'm now married, I still hold this holiday with disdain... Its like all the single people get the "Hey youre single so you suck and cant ejnoy this holiday, in fact we are going to make you feel miserable as possible because you ARE single" message...

Plus I dont agree with the cards being given out at school.. what about the kids who never got ANY (I was one of them, even tho I handed out loads of cards to all the girls)... makes you feel like crap and then people come on and say "plenty of fish in the sea" or "love is all around" doesnt make a blind bit of difference that you still felt like crap...

Even the point of it (the holiday and why its here) is completely lost in the commericalism of it all just like Halloween, and Christmas.. Its just a way for people to get rich off the sheep of the herd that have to do the same as everyone else...

Saying that, yes I bought my wife a gift and a card (I would be a dead man if I didnt), yes I have conformed to the herd.... But its a begrudging conformity... I dont need a special day to tell my wife/girlfriend I love her... I tell her this every day, and prove it on several days thruout the year whenever I please... and thats the way it should be, we dont need a commercial holiday to do it.... grumble grumble...

Rant mode offf. :)

Guest Gir

I hate v-day as well, but like many of you if u dont get the wife or g/f something you'll hear about it forever. So atleast i get a nice meal at a place i love tonight and the g/f gets flowers so i guess we all win...LoL

I love Valentines Day.

When I have a Valentine it's good!

When I don't have a Valentine, I watch people scramble to get something that will keep them in the good graces of their Valentine.

So either way, as a spectator or a participant, it's all good!

Guest Dynamic

Only WOMEN love a day like today bro's. What is wrong with you men now and days, seriously need to see a doctor. Okay, i'm alittle cranky today, because not only it's of course, "Valentine's Day", but i did have a gf once like a month ago that decided to go her seperate way, so what a foo gotta do? Cranky Valentines day to the ones like me............SHOUT OUT!

Valentines Day rocks.... on what other holiday can you get laid for the price of a box of candy and a red rose? (Godiva isn't cheap but I might even get a hummer) LOL

Let’s face it, St. Valentine’s Day (SVD) is strictly for chicks, period. Unless you have some kind of mutual, upfront, SVD disclaimer clause in your relationship, you either play or pay (i.e. play the game or pay the consequences). Either way, you’re going to end up paying something. 35+ years ago, I realized the opposite . would not accept my beliefs that you don’t need a special day to express your love. So, I started standing on the grounds that SVD and Sweetest Day are redundant and that I would not succumb to both. I let them choose which one they wanted me to observe with them. It’s always been SVD. Therefore, I’ll get my reprieve eight months from now, when Sweetest Day rolls around. BTW, I’ve been with the same woman for the last 30 years.

Between the two patron saint days that I celebrate each year, I prefer St. Patrick’s Day. Much more fun. :D

I was thinking of calling my ex around 11 pm while thing are hott and steamy, and telling here that she better get checked before doing anything with someone, cause I feel itchy down there :)

I'm single but I went out by myself to Starbucks. I took my laptop with me so I could get online and drink my coffee at the same time.

I gave the girl who took my order a big smile and said "Happy Valentines Day" and we ended up chatting for quite a while. I never did get to break out my laptop. I call that a good night.

BTW She is going to hook me up with free coffee whenever she is working :)