Sign in to follow this  
mr_dimsum

Using both LAN's at the same time possible?

Howdy! I just recently switched my ISP to Rogers Cable (bad mistake), and I was wondering if there was a method I can use both connections at the same time, one running on each LAN, the Marvell and the Nvidia one? Being that I still have my former ISP active (Bell Sympatico) for about another 25 days, it'd be a good opportunity to get my some hardcore leeching and seeding done.

If not, is there any known method for using both connections on a single comp at the same time?

Regards

Sure you can, but it's not like you'll get double the bandwidth. In fact, it will cut it down. Also, what did you have in mind for utilizing both LAN's simultaneously? LAN + Internet/Gaming? If so, that's fine. I actually use 3 connections. Nvidia LAN, Marvell, and a Wireless G. Marvell is being used to do file transfers, while the G is used for ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), and the nVidia is just for general use of games or what not. So, it's possible...but, again...bandwidth will be lost.

Sure you can, but it's not like you'll get double the bandwidth. In fact, it will cut it down. Also, what did you have in mind for utilizing both LAN's simultaneously? LAN + Internet/Gaming? If so, that's fine. I actually use 3 connections. Nvidia LAN, Marvell, and a Wireless G. Marvell is being used to do file transfers, while the G is used for ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), and the nVidia is just for general use of games or what not. So, it's possible...but, again...bandwidth will be lost.

Not necesarilly... He should be able to "bond" his connections and achieve higher bandwidth... http://www.dslreports.com/faq/networking/2...ons%20or%20ISPs