Sign in to follow this  
ooeric

choosing my video cards. confused about CF

im in the process of choosing my video cards

some people say get xfire editions x2 to run xfire (same cards)

some say get 1 xfire edition and one other card to run xfire (mix and match)

wTF

can someone straighten this up for me? especially if you run xfire yourself

ok one more question before i shutup

there is basically no difference in the 1900 line of cards right? 1900 , xt, xtx

only the mhz difference which i can OC to gain back? (hopefully) (which i prob wont since 1-2fps aint worth it)

your overclock is limited to the master card period. so since the master is clocked at the same as the x1900xt unless your 100% sure the mastercard can clock to what a XTX card can your just better off getting the mastercard and a x1900xt.

you can mix match brands also sapphire, club3d, powercolor, bb ati, HIS and so on so dont have to get the same brand jsut make sure ones a CF edidotn and the others a reg x1900

ok! laSt question

are the rdx boards still killing cpus?

were those early problems board problems? or bios problems?

WAS JSUT A USER+BIOS PROBLEM

the rdx200 doesnt kill cpu's and its in revision A03 now so its past all those issues if they ever did exist.

I can tell ya alot of the guys who lost there cpu's I know and they did extreme stuff "cooling/clocking" so to say it was ever the boards If a theroy in my books

Quick question to add on to this, say you buy a 1900 CF, can you use a different (lower) radeon as the 2nd card? say an... x850 xt? *points to sig* :P

It would be neat if possible.

Also, the crossfire chipsets are the only ones capible of doing this right? I couldn't use an Ultra-D to utilize crossfire?

dammit my mobo is A03 rev, would DFI replace the board if i requested it? to a higher rev?

mmouse was saying that A03 is the lastest rev, you're in good shape dont worry :rolleyes:

BTW, I thought Crossfire mode allowed the two cards to operate independantly of eachother so the slave doesnt get clocked down and operates at its own frequency. I thought I read that somewhere...I probably miss-read it.