No offense but I'm seriously not liking this Mobo!!!

Guest DEViANCE
Man all those are old old things I may have done when the first DFI NF4 came out. No clue since I did a lot since then. But 4+ prime seems fine and those settings that old likely won't burn up anything.

RGone...

are u planing to make any new ones?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update...

So it seems after re-flashing to 11/2 BIOS from 12/7 BIOS, the cold-boot issue went away....or so I thought. I removed my old WD 80GB IDE drive from the case and had to remove some SATA cables out of the way along with the 400GB drive so the 80GB drive could slide out. I then re-inserted my WD 400GB SATA drive and plugged all cables. Guess what? The cold-boot issue came back! Good news is, it only happened twice and I've not experienced it again. Nevertheless, the 11/2 BIOS seems to work best for my setup so I guess it's safe to assume this cold-boot problem is BIOS related??? What about the incorrect temp readings....is this also BIOS related or is it permanent because it's hardware?

I love my board, i bought 2 other nf4 ultra boards before this one, and the only reason i did that is because of the few nay sayers on various forums, now i wish i had of listened to my gut and what the experienced userse were saying.

These boards are like ferrari's, wicked fast when u know how to work them, a little picky on what u put on/in them, and required some maintenance in the form of bios updates.

I dont see to many ferrari owners complaining because they have to spend a lot of money every year just to keep thier car running smooth.

Ive been lurking here for a while because Ive just gottten an Expert board. Well actually Im on my second the first flat died and so far so good with number two.

Ive got to go with Zizzman here. Some of the attitudes here leave a lot to be desired. This YOU and YOUR stuff doesnt seem right to me.

And as far as Ferarris go when you buy one you expect it to start when you want it to without having to go through a routine to get it started and you expect the temperature gauge to give you a reasonable idea of how hot its running right.

And whats the difference how many boards have problems. Is there a secret number that has to be reached before its considered that some boards might have some issues. There are enough posts her relating to the same issues that I find it hard to believe that,as seems to be the attitude here, each of those board owners dont know what they are doing.

There is only one flaw in that thinking about Venus board. Suppose in general it is only X change but it is overlooked that Y was impliemented as well. That is the flaw in that for sure.

RGone...

Well I understand that hardare can change. I'm aware of that, which is why I asked instead of stated it as fact. My question was answered... even though it was with improper netiquette (AG, not you).

I'm just curious if Dizman is still with us, as his last post was on the VERY first page of this thread. Virtually everything else has been off-topic and not terribly helpful to his cause...

Just a reminder to those new here, its far easier to help you if you start your own thread. (After searching for answers of course. Many, many problems have been solved here, otherwise Google is an excellent resource as well. :))

Don't have a clue "technodanvan". His first post was a gripe about SLi hard to setup but he said he had it setup. Then he said he did not like the chipset temps because of how the board was built and since the board was not going to be rebuilt > would have been cause for me to move to another board. I think he was looking at all that glitzy heatpipe cooling on his buds 'working', 8NE32 Asus board while he himself was dead in the water with a non-working BlueTooth keyboard or something. Probably the end result was bluetooth not working and his bud already up and gone with the easy to setup Asus board.

After that post the whole thread was just one divergent stream after another it seems after reading the whole post from end to end twice.

RGone...

I'm just curious if Dizman is still with us, as his last post was on the VERY first page of this thread. Virtually everything else has been off-topic and not terribly helpful to his cause...

Just a reminder to those new here, its far easier to help you if you start your own thread. (After searching for answers of course. Many, many problems have been solved here, otherwise Google is an excellent resource as well. :))

Ferraris you buy to show off. Most Ferraris are spending 95 % of the time in the garages. When it´s not in the garage it´s in repair shops because the QA on Ferrari is crap. The one that can´t accept that and want a race car you can really drive buys Porsche instead. A bit slower yes but durable won´t break that easily :).

I would hope my DFI is more a Porsche then a Ferrari cool to have both though ;)

Hehe... if anything, your description matches a Ferrarri. Mention the word "opteron" anywhere in your post, and QA is crap, and you'll already be spending most of your time in the bios... and it's fun to show off those awesome clocks... and dfi's are a bit slower (at stock)... so I guess it meets all It's a porschari.