No offense but I'm seriously not liking this Mobo!!!

my dismissive attitude is often mistaken since you are the customer and are on the other side of the fence, and I am the support guy who works for the company and sees the actual numbers that you do not.

you can tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better about whatever it is that you are upset about.

it will not change the facts.

the facts are that MAJORITY of users do NOT have problems with the Expert (why must I go through this with users EVERY SINGLE TIME a new board comes out?).

you read a few posts or threads where users are having problems and if you have a problem it is automatically a national emergency and we should recall all the boards or else we'll be sued in a class-action lawsuit (among some of the more extreme but regular bits we read...*sigh*)

when you work for the company (DFI, MSI, XFX, ATI, etc) then you can say whatever you want but I can guarantee that you will say the same thing as me because you will see the truth and the reality of it, and at the same time you will see how ugly users can be because they think they know more than the people who work for the manufacturer (omg i read it on the internet IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!)

Who spends all of his time and a good chunk of their income to put this forum up and pay for it out of his own pocket just so users like you can have the best support place out of any motherboard?

me

but yet I am always the bad guy because I won't lie or give in to pressure from a very few, very loud users who are complaining about their problem (omg 17 users complained about a problem so it MUST BE A DEFECT! RECALL!!! RECALL!!!)

the problem really exists between what the user feels inside after spending money and their inability to see reality...and as I've said, you can argue all you want, but it will NOT change the reality that MAJORITY OF USERS ARE NOT HAVING A PROBLEM.

so

you got a board that does weird things

RMA it

if you have RMA'd who knows how many boards for the SAME REASONS, you can deduce that it probably is not the board that is the problem.

or, if you wish, you can deduce that it IS the board and decide you are tired of the fiasco and BUY SOMETHING ELSE.

I'd much rather see you in an MSI or ASUS board that you didn't have problems with than to see you spend months being unhappy with a DFI board.

but see, when I say that, then you guys get really bent out of shape and say "But the DFI board is the one we want!!! It overclocks like no other board!"

and to that...my answer is very simple...

either return the board for replacement, or forget about all the great overclocking features and move to a board that is less complex and will not give you the problems you have.

but posts like yours are NOT going to change my responses to users. Posts like yours are not going to really change anything except cause arguments AT THE FORUMS.

Do you not really think that as tech support guys, working for the company that builds the boards, that we are blind to any potential problems? At the same time, don't ya think that we are the ones that have more information than you ever could, and we see a few users out of the THOUSANDS of purchasers that have a problem, and that simply is not indicative of a disasterous flaw and all boards should be recalled?

Do you NOT know how many times we, MSI, Asus, Abit, Giga, etc have all been through this with EACH NEW BOARD RELEASE?

its always the same, and I always have to bring you guys back to reality every single time we (or any company) brings a new product out.

but you keep challenging posts referring to various problems as if we have our heads up our buts

don't attempt to put words in my mouth. I've stated nothing of the sort and if YOU read into it that way, then that is YOUR problem, not mine.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except you didn't address the problem I described with cold boot other that to say RMA it a 5th time. You are responding to the customers time and time again because IT'S YOUR JOB!!! Maybe you could take some of the edginess and sarcasm out of the way you respond, that's the first thing we learned in A+ certification. May I suggest ANGER MANAGEMENT?

Except you didn't address the problem I described with cold boot other that to say RMA it a 5th time. You are responding to the customers time and time again because IT'S YOUR JOB!!! Maybe you could take some of the edginess and sarcasm out of the way you respond, that's the first thing we learned in A+ certification. May I suggest ANGER MANAGEMENT?

how about following the advice I gave you, which was stated pretty clearly

RMA The board, or get rid of it and get another board that will not give you the problems you are having, or start looking at something OTHER THAN THE BOARD?

i mean, come on...4 boards and you are having the same problem...how is it always the motherboard's fault when MAJORITY of users are not having the problem?

are you a glutton for punishment and must keep rma'ing until you have rma'd 102 times? Isn't there a point when you finally decide enough is enough and move on to an Asus or MSI or some other product that doesn't give YOU the problems you are having?

instead of trying to make me look bad, how about reading my advice and following it? Just because you are upset doesn't mean I have to walk on eggshells around you. You get the same answer/response everyone else does, and I don't see them whining about me being sarcastic or edgy. Maybe you should take a few deep breaths first and read what I wrote instead of just ignoring it and wanting to start a fight about it. Is that good enough advice?

Why do we have to use the orange and not the yellow DIMMs in many instances?

because that is how Oskar designed the board.

If you are expecting some technical jargon answer from me, you won't get it because I am not the designer of the boards. I only know that Oskar told us Orange slots are the primaries and that is how he designed it.

The use of the Dimm's falls down to preference, as well as one set might clock better than another. But, I say always use orange slots. It's a nice color, don't you think?

Other than that, would you change your sig? And have it reflect the CORRECT bios you are using?

Yep. I'll wait for a bios fix or deal with the inconvenience. I like what the board does. I have also loved cars that I had problems with or got recalled. I just can't imagine the dealership saying "what do you expect, it's a new car" :) Have a nice day.

Ok....back with updates!

AG, yes I said I would not RMA this board and I plan to stick to my word. My thinking of RMA'ing it was typing out of frustration. I will still await a BIOS update from DFI to correct this EXACT same issue that many seem to be having. In the meantime, I seem to have found yet another solution which I hope this time is not just temporary. I re-flashed to the 11/2 BIOS last night and since have not experienced the cold-boot issue. Weird but true. I have not altered any BIOS settings in any way and all memory/voltage settings are the same. I have only powered off/on about 10 times so I can't conclude for sure that it is a successful fix. If the 12/7 BIOS was indeed the cause of all this mess, I truly hope the next updated BIOS will provide the best of both BIOS and leave behind all problems (I know you can't expect ONE BIOS to work for ALL components...but a more universally compatible version would be nice).

(I know you can't expect ONE BIOS to work for ALL components...but a more universally compatible version would be nice).

Amen... we can always get an amen to that phraseology.

RGone...

Ok....back with updates!

AG, yes I said I would not RMA this board and I plan to stick to my word. My thinking of RMA'ing it was typing out of frustration. I will still await a BIOS update from DFI to correct this EXACT same issue that many seem to be having. In the meantime, I seem to have found yet another solution which I hope this time is not just temporary. I re-flashed to the 11/2 BIOS last night and since have not experienced the cold-boot issue. Weird but true. I have not altered any BIOS settings in any way and all memory/voltage settings are the same. I have only powered off/on about 10 times so I can't conclude for sure that it is a successful fix. If the 12/7 BIOS was indeed the cause of all this mess, I truly hope the next updated BIOS will provide the best of both BIOS and leave behind all problems (I know you can't expect ONE BIOS to work for ALL components...but a more universally compatible version would be nice).

Guest DEViANCE

hey Rgone i used one of your post about step by step overcloking from a1 FSB to a26 32 byte Granularity i did everything as u mentioned, well let's just say i stoped prime cuse it was going for 4 + hours and my cpu temps was only 45'C i was at 210, so only o/ced a bit.

but the ram settings u had im not sure if it fits good for the ram im using, but everything seamed to be working fine ;)

also CPC setting i think i readed somewhere it says if ur using the orange slots better to have it Disabled, but ur post it said to Enable it, so im not sure on that one.

I purchased a board named "expert" and know I am nothing of the sort. I always planned that this MB would live true to its name. But really, how much help can you get from online support? You got to learn how to solve your own problems. I must say the biggest help has been "THE" Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide! and Prime95. My ram is not stable at stock volts, timings and all other memory timings set to auto. So I read and read untill to the problem was solved. In my experience you find nothing but people with problems in online support forums. Seriously, if you own a expert thats currently not stable and you havent played with your Dram drive strength and Data drive strength yet you have no business shitting on DFI support staff.

Man all those are old old things I may have done when the first DFI NF4 came out. No clue since I did a lot since then. But 4+ prime seems fine and those settings that old likely won't burn up anything.

RGone...

hey Rgone i used one of your post about step by step overcloking from a1 FSB to a26 32 byte Granularity i did everything as u mentioned, well let's just say i stoped prime cuse it was going for 4 + hours and my cpu temps was only 45'C i was at 210, so only o/ced a bit.

but the ram settings u had im not sure if it fits good for the ram im using, but everything seamed to be working fine ;)

also CPC setting i think i readed somewhere it says if ur using the orange slots better to have it Disabled, but ur post it said to Enable it, so im not sure on that one.