Amd Cooler On A Intel Processor?

KaluMinati

just out of curiosity, has anyone ever used a stock AMD cooler on a Intel processor?.. ive got a 533 celeron ( socket 370) and the only 2 coolers that i have kickin around is a stock AMD hs w/fan or a V9 ( which i would rather not use ) it seems to fit ok, but will it give me the proper cooling that i require?

No, I haven't tried an AMD HsF on an Intel chip, but I do use a socket 370 Hsf made by 'Just Cooler' with a 8mm Sunon, on an OC'ed Super Socket 7 board with processor @ 600 Mhz.

Cools just beaut! 38-42 c full throttle loading (F@h + normal utilization) :wub:

So give it a bash! I don't see why you shouldn't get some decent cooling, unless its a AMD SS7 standard HsF (not big enough)

Happy cooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

well i ended up tossing the AMD hs on it, it seems to be working fine, i didnt want to use the V9 because of the way the PSU sits in the case ( infront of the motherboard ) other thing is, i poped the hs off the northbridge and lapped it.. i have never seen something so uneven in my life.. think im gunna pop the hs off my northbridge on my current mobo too..