Backup Software - what do you use?

Guest FZ1_merged

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank y'all for the tip about TrueImage 9.0!

I used the trial version, then bought the real deal - it's great!

I purcahsed True Image 9 as well. I purchased/DL'd it today but haven't installed yet. Would it be ironic for my HDD to fail now? :nod:

I was just searching this form for a replacement for my True image 8. I just went through a scare with it. I make backup about once a month maybe, and have used it to restore my computer several times. Yesterday... I backed up C drive(and verified image) to try some new software. Didn't like the software so I was going to restore with True Image. The program started and got to 95% or so... and said image was corrupted. I rebooted and my c drive partition was gone. I had to reformat it and tried my Acronis bootdisk... well... after several reboots it finally opened up, just to tell me that it could find a hard drive.

I ended up loading windows XP, then loaded Acronis software. After the third time of said it was corrupt... the fourth time worked. I sent a total of 4 hours trying to get it working. It was good software until then.

But looking a other backup software now... Acronis seems to still be best choice.