Dust

Sainou-Kun

Im an Old Skool cooler, my entire system has 12 fans total, The only reason I dont have water cooling is because Im broke. But a major issue for me is the dust inside my case. I have 2 Intake fans in the front of my case covered by mesh filers and I still find my self dusting every week or so. If anyone has some suggestions please tell me. Id appreshate it

Having more intake than exhaust fans creates a positive pressure enviroment thereby "forceing" more air (and dust) out of the case. If you have more exhaust than intake than the opposite occurs you have negative pressure and more air(and dust) is drawn in. Sounds wierd, but its true.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, and just to clarify i have 4 intakes if you count the duel fans on the psu and the 2 intake fans i have on the front of my case and 2 fans in a 4.25 bay one intake and one exhaust , the rest are exhaust(1 side, 1 top, 2 back.

You can also keep your side panels off, which will reduce the collection of dust. I have seen so many pcs with the side panels have never been removed and seeing mountains of dust buildup :O

i heard that that's just a common misconception. That if you're having cooling/heating issues, the worst thing you can do is leave the side panel off, unless you're blowing some heavy duty fan on the hot components.

the reason is because without the side panel, there is no airflow path. In otherwords, normally air comes in from your intake fans, probably in the front, and then travels to the exhaust fans in the back. with a "closed" case, it's forced to do that, but with an open case, the intake gets "lost" so to speak. Hope i'm making some sense. It's kind of difficult to put into words, but just try to imagine airflow.

I have an acrylic case and i too have tons of fans,(13) and tons of dust my way is put it into pieces once a month to clean it good :D

But that's me, i like it :P

Edited by kobalt