Worth upgrading SLI-DR to Expert?

Nate Finch

I'm not 100% clear on the changes from the SLI-DR version of the mobo to the Expert version. Is it worth upgrading?

My rig is in my sig. I'm having trouble pushing it any further, which makes me sad, given that I gained almost nothing from installing watercooling (lowered temps by about 10 degrees, but didn't gain much in MHz).

Suggestions welcome.

-Nate

Is that Redline memory the ones with Infineon chips? Or the other stuff?

Sometimes overclocking potential is determined with a big beefy power supply. Something that can deliver lots of clean voltage to both the CPU and memory as well as chipset.

I don't necessarily think you will see much of a difference in the upgrade if you so choose.

• 1 month later...

Hey Nate if your at all intersted give me a P/M? I've been trying to find someone to trade my Expert with as I'm looking for a regular non-Expert SLI-DR. You may ask why the heck would I want to do that, well I'm running UTT RAM and really want a mobo with more BIOS support than the Expert has at the moment. It was bought at newegg about 2 months ago, I have all original accessories and box as well as original reciept? Let me know if your still intersted in upgradeing.