Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

ATI overclocking utilities (CCC, ATI Tray, ATI Tools)

So I've got some interest in asking everyone what util they use to overclock their ATI cards.

I really like ATI Tray Tools (that come with Omega drivers) but they always end up seriously crashing 3d applications and games and so I am trying ATI Tools at the moment, and even thinking of installing .NET so I can try out the CCC stuff from ATI ;)

Let me know if you guys have had any trouble, what your fav is etc

here's the machine I am using this for:

DFI Lanparty NF3 Ultra-D (939 AGP)

X2 4400+ @ 216x11 (grrrr)

ATI X800 Pro (12-pipe, 256MB, AGP, 472/450 stock clocks) *ordered an Arctic Silencer ATI 5 rev.2*

36GB Raptor SATA + 80GB Hitachi SATA

Onboard sound (ordered a Turtle Beach 5.1)

Intel 10/100 Pro NIC (seems better than the integrated NIC lol)

NEC 3550A DVD-RW

Skyhawk 520w PSU

Coolermaster Cavalier case

DangerDen TDX watercooling + DDC pump

floppy

Edit:

here's some linkage for the various tools

ATI Tray Tools (by Ray Adams)

comes with Omega's ATI drivers also

Version:		 1.0.5.824

Publisher: 	Ray Adams

Date added: 	2006-01-27 06:06:34

File Size: 	1 MB

OS Support: 	Windows 2000/XP (standard 32 bit)

License: 	Freeware

Downloads: 	267395 downloads

Software type: 	Videocards - Overclocking & Tweaking

ATI Tool

Downloads

Latest stable version is: 0.24 (released 26th May 2005).

RivaTuner

RivaTuner 2.0 RC 15.8

Version: 	RivaTuner 2.0 Release Candidate 15.8

Publisher: 	Unwinder

Date added: 	2005-12-01 03:46:12

File Size: 	1.24 MB

OS Support: 	Windows 2000/XP x64 & x32

License: 	Freeware

Downloads: 	3935385 downloads

Software type: 	Videocards - Overclocking & Tweaking

CCC (Catalyst Control Center, ATI Catalyst 6.2 drivers)

Catalyst 6.2 Windows XP - Driver Download

I always used AtiTool - do we have other choice, i dont know personally - right now it's version 0.24.

I didnt encounter any problems yet - sometimes (rarely) in the windows start-up the tray messes up - doesnt show temps.

I always used AtiTool - do we have other choice, i dont know personally - right now it's version 0.24.

I didnt encounter any problems yet - sometimes (rarely) in the windows start-up the tray messes up - doesnt show temps.

ya I'm using .24 ATI Tool right now...seems like it takes forever to automatically find max gpu core? (been going 45 minutes now...)

I always use Omega ATI drivers and ATI Tray comes with it...its good except like I said it crashes the hell out of any 3d application when it is running (and I've tried this on probably 7 different motherboards over the last year)

I like rivatuner because of the fan control and temp monitor. I hope they update rivatuner soon for the x1900 though.

CPU Killer and Thunda both told me to try RivaTuner for Nvidia stuff as it will allow much better overclocking than the standard 'Coolbits' will...but I didn't much care for it (too many options I think...needs to be a little simplified with the option to have all the advanced stuff showing)

I've updated the first post with links to all 4 overclock utils (well, 3 + CCC which supposedly has one but it requires .NET)

I'll take a look at ATI Tool (it is still running heh) when I get back from hockey game tonight

I usually use rivatuner but tonight I installed the 6.2 drivers without the ccc.. Then installed ATI Tray Tools to overclock and change settings..

It seems to work pretty good.. !!

I like using ATI Tool, but version ,24 doesnt support my x1900xt and .25 beta crashes my games when ever I try to exit them.

When you say crashes what do you mean??? The 1800 and 1900's are really fussy about memory clock changes after the memory is clocked up high the first time.

Viper

I use ATI tool .25 beta 11. I've had no problems with crashes, but I apply changes and exit. I don't keep it running. Sapphire has the "Trixx" overclocking tool, but it was hard to set custom options. it found the highest mem and core clocks quickly, but core clocks seemed low.