idel temp for 754 athlon 64 3700+ clawhammer

My cpu temp according to the bios is at 38c is that a good idel temp? because i'm use to seeing 30 when i had my old socket a nf7 s2g mb and my socket a athlon xp 3000+ and are the temps going to be higher witha 64 bit cpu?

What cooler are you using? On my XP-90, I had about 38C on the same bios for my lidless Clawhammer, although I think my contact was screwed up. Reapply AS5 and try again? Your temps seem a bit high for stock volts. P.S. it's spelled "idle".

When I was using the stock cooler, I was seeing idle temps ~36-38C, running at 1.4Vx1.13 Volts or 1.58 V. I had lapped the cooler and used Artic Ceramique. With the stock cooler, I'd hit 50C running Prime95 torture test.

When I changed to the Big Typhoon, I lapped the base and used Ceramique again, my idle temps dropped to 33-35C at 1.58V. Under P-95, torture test load, I'd see 47-48C.

I have since raised my voltage to 1.425Vx1.13 or 1.61V. My idle temps are 35-36C. Under P-95 load, I'll see 47-49C. Gaming loads hit about 44C tops.

I hope that helps.

I'm useing the Thermaltake Tower 112 pure cu with a 80mm 75.5 cfm thermaltake fan on it.

Is the program Smartguardian that comes with the DFI LanpartyUT nF3 250Gb MoBo an ok program to check system temps and voltages. Smartguardian says my idle temp is 32~34 degrees