Help W/ Mobo

HeavyMetal

I've only ever overclocked w/ FSB as anyone has, and i know that i should overclock through v. core voltage, but i have the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2, i have the F3 version of bios, newest possible at this time. When i go to my v.core to up it, it only has %'s, like 5% 7% and 10%, and i dont see where to change my multiplyer either. I have the Barton 2500+, is it locked like the 2000+ etc..? I didnt see any bridges on the L1. Then again i have bad eye-sight. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

if you have already upped the FSB then that mobo unlocks the chip for you....as for the voltage . hmm..i guess you better up it at the lowest % possible at a time.....that % is weird.....have you read the manual on the mobo? most tell you exactly what each setting is

With gigabyte boards you up (or down the mult) with the switch left of the cpu HS you can go to 13.5 without unlocking the chip

also the board came with the easy tune,this can tell you the exact cpu volt when you up it 5-7 10% in bios.(i suggest you read about easy tune and mobo manuals)Unless you unlock your chip i suggest 5%,going higher will only increase your temp.Mine is stock volt and 2.2Ghz my cpu temp never goes higher than 41c

Depending on your cooling you can fairly easily reach 2 to 2.3 Ghz still locked on a 2500+,window will see it as a 3000+

Edited by kobalt

thnx for the help about to go try now, but i have yet anothor problem, im not sure if my sensors are right or wrong. I have h-monitor and MBM, three sensors, first is around 30-40c, second 38-39c, and the third which im sadly guessing is my cpu snesor is at 70-80! when i put it on low power it'll go down to 57. I have a diode that came w/ my case, and it's under my cpu, it reads 51 full load and about 44 idle, which of these four should i beleive. If im really running at 70-80 im scared crapless. Also i booted into bios and checked there, it said 82....... so i dont know. I used the thermal paste/grease than came with my fan (Volcano 11+). I bought this right after i learned about the slk800, sniffle.

that is probably ur core temp. I mean jeeze, what could be hotter in your computer other than the core? don't be scared though, cause when i first started building my computer, i didn't know how to put my thermal paste on, so i spread it all over it. and stuck the heat sink on, and i ran my chip at temperatures up to 101 C! yea, you saw that right, it was 101 C . As soon as i learned that i put my thermal paste on wrong, like 2 months afterwards, i changed it, and have been running around 59 C full load, and 34 C idle. So if its working fine now at that temp, then it should be fine. Oh, and I've had my chip since Feburary, so it still lasting a long time.

• 1 month later...